Hunts bus services declining sharply
I AND several of my family wish to complain about the revised bus service by Stagecoach to Brampton. Since the recent service cuts the service has become abysmal.
On Wednesday May 4, I wished to catch the 12.57 from Miller Way, Brampton, into Huntingdon, and I and two other people waited for three-quarters of an hour for the bus to arrive.
Nor is this the only instance: buses now regularly fail to arrive on time and, with the reduced service, they are also heavily overloaded, with many passengers standing. Yet Stagecoach still uses only single deck buses.
I was told that Wednesday’s bus had broken down and that Stagecoach had no reserve bus, but what has happened to all those not needed for the reduced services?
I telephoned the company to complain but had to speak to an answering machine, and no one has bothered to follow up on my call.
You may also want to watch:
We are constantly being urged by the council to use public transport, but then they withdraw the bus subsidies – they cannot have it both ways.
But Stagecoach needs to get its act together and provide its services on time and with buses able to carry the increased loads.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Man from Alconbury sentenced for sexual assault
Many elderly and disabled people (I include myself among the latter) rely on the bus to get to and from Brampton for shopping and collecting pensions etc.
So come on, Stagecoach, give us a regular, reliable service on this important route. Some people now resort to getting taxis, which is much more expensive.
DEREK A KING