Huntingdonshire trio set to launch trade app to take on Facebook
- Credit: Archant
A trio of business entrepreneurs are hoping their new app will take on the likes of Facebook and LinkedIn.
James Boatwright, Mike Egan and Nick Kay are set to launch Bob’s Your Uncle later this week after months of development and deliberation.
“It is fantastic to be launching the app, we all knew that we had got an idea that is special,” Mr Boatwright told The Hunts Post.
The app will allow users to take a photo of the job that they need doing and then businesses will be able to quote how much it will costs and the user will then be able to pick the ideal tradesperson.
Director of commericial printing company Bigprinting, based in Houghton, Mr Boatwright, said: “This platform we have developed can work for any trade. We have made it very easy to set up for people and easy to use.”
You may also want to watch:
When the app is launched it will, in the first instance, focus on the Huntingdonshire area but Mr Boatwright and partners hope that the platform will gain momentum and spread throughout the country.
“We have come up with this app that could be global in the future but we initially didn’t have the time or the resources that it needed to do something like that so we showed it to Nick and asked him to come on board and immediately he loved the idea,” added Mr Boatwright.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 10 More Readers' Photos for this week
The brainwave for the innovation came when Mr Boatwright was already working on a similar programme specifically catering to the printing sector, called the Fitting Network.
“We thought that this could work for other trades. Instead of going onto Facebook groups and posting what you want done or searching on Google you can just go on the app.”
The app has already been given the backing of a number of companies in the area who have signed to advertise on the platform.
The Bob’s Your Uncle app will be available to download free from the Android app store and iTunes.