Huntingdonshire trio set to launch trade app to take on Facebook
- Credit: Archant
A trio of business entrepreneurs are hoping their new app will take on the likes of Facebook and LinkedIn.
James Boatwright, Mike Egan and Nick Kay are set to launch Bob’s Your Uncle later this week after months of development and deliberation.
“It is fantastic to be launching the app, we all knew that we had got an idea that is special,” Mr Boatwright told The Hunts Post.
The app will allow users to take a photo of the job that they need doing and then businesses will be able to quote how much it will costs and the user will then be able to pick the ideal tradesperson.
Director of commericial printing company Bigprinting, based in Houghton, Mr Boatwright, said: “This platform we have developed can work for any trade. We have made it very easy to set up for people and easy to use.”
When the app is launched it will, in the first instance, focus on the Huntingdonshire area but Mr Boatwright and partners hope that the platform will gain momentum and spread throughout the country.
“We have come up with this app that could be global in the future but we initially didn’t have the time or the resources that it needed to do something like that so we showed it to Nick and asked him to come on board and immediately he loved the idea,” added Mr Boatwright.
- 1 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 2 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 5 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
The brainwave for the innovation came when Mr Boatwright was already working on a similar programme specifically catering to the printing sector, called the Fitting Network.
“We thought that this could work for other trades. Instead of going onto Facebook groups and posting what you want done or searching on Google you can just go on the app.”
The app has already been given the backing of a number of companies in the area who have signed to advertise on the platform.
The Bob’s Your Uncle app will be available to download free from the Android app store and iTunes.