Huntingdonshire does not exist
ALL four of the car wash fires (The Hunts Post, April 18) were in Cambridgeshire not Huntingdonshire.
The County of Huntingdonshire is extinct and no longer exercises administrative power. Its functions and responsibilities have been transferred to or absorbed by new authorities, namely Cambridgeshire. This happened in 1974.
I live in St Neots, which is in the county of Cambridgeshire, not Huntingdonshire.
If the paper is going to report that something happened in St Neots, then you need to be saying Cambridgeshire not Huntingdonshire – unless you are going for an historic and outdated approach.
- 1 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 2 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 3 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 4 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 5 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 6 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 7 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 10 Stress, anxiety, mental health and depression prompt rise in days off
Editor’s note: Huntingdonshire District Council, which has been so called since a name change in 1984, may take a different view. What do readers think? E-mail email@example.com or write to The Editor, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB.