Huntingdonshire does not exist
ALL four of the car wash fires (The Hunts Post, April 18) were in Cambridgeshire not Huntingdonshire.
The County of Huntingdonshire is extinct and no longer exercises administrative power. Its functions and responsibilities have been transferred to or absorbed by new authorities, namely Cambridgeshire. This happened in 1974.
I live in St Neots, which is in the county of Cambridgeshire, not Huntingdonshire.
If the paper is going to report that something happened in St Neots, then you need to be saying Cambridgeshire not Huntingdonshire – unless you are going for an historic and outdated approach.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 4 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 5 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 6 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 7 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Letters to the Editor
- 10 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
Editor’s note: Huntingdonshire District Council, which has been so called since a name change in 1984, may take a different view. What do readers think? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or write to The Editor, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB.