Huntingdonshire does not exist
ALL four of the car wash fires (The Hunts Post, April 18) were in Cambridgeshire not Huntingdonshire.
The County of Huntingdonshire is extinct and no longer exercises administrative power. Its functions and responsibilities have been transferred to or absorbed by new authorities, namely Cambridgeshire. This happened in 1974.
I live in St Neots, which is in the county of Cambridgeshire, not Huntingdonshire.
If the paper is going to report that something happened in St Neots, then you need to be saying Cambridgeshire not Huntingdonshire – unless you are going for an historic and outdated approach.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 5 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
Editor’s note: Huntingdonshire District Council, which has been so called since a name change in 1984, may take a different view. What do readers think? E-mail email@example.com or write to The Editor, The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon PE29 3TB.