Huntingdonshire commuters can expect delays on the rail network after a serious incident at King’s Cross
- Credit: Archant
Rush-hour commuters may experience delays this evening after a serious incident at King’s Cross Railway Station in London.
Police officers have evacuated hundreds of passengers from King’s Cross station in central London, according to reports.
British Transport Police (BTP) wrote on our Twitter: “Our armed officers at Kings Cross station have detained a man – some platforms will remain closed for now while we carry out enquires.”
Response from the BTP has come after a security alert was reported to the organisation.
National Rail has stated that there will be delays of 30 minutes on journeys to and from the station until at least 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Lines affected include Grand Central, Great Northern, Hull Trains, Virgin Trains and East Coast.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford