Huntingdonshire commuters can expect delays on the rail network after a serious incident at King’s Cross
- Credit: Archant
Rush-hour commuters may experience delays this evening after a serious incident at King’s Cross Railway Station in London.
Police officers have evacuated hundreds of passengers from King’s Cross station in central London, according to reports.
British Transport Police (BTP) wrote on our Twitter: “Our armed officers at Kings Cross station have detained a man – some platforms will remain closed for now while we carry out enquires.”
Response from the BTP has come after a security alert was reported to the organisation.
National Rail has stated that there will be delays of 30 minutes on journeys to and from the station until at least 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
Lines affected include Grand Central, Great Northern, Hull Trains, Virgin Trains and East Coast.
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 6 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care
- 9 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
- 10 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre