Huntingdon: Win tickets to meet Lola race stars at exclusive motorsport event
SIX Hunts Post readers can win pairs of tickets for a special motorsport event at prospering Huntingdon-based racing car manufacturer Lola on Wednesday, September 9. The open day, in the run-up to the 1,000-km Le Mans Series endurance race at Silver
SIX Hunts Post readers can win pairs of tickets for a special motorsport event at prospering Huntingdon-based racing car manufacturer Lola on Wednesday, September 9.
The open day, in the run-up to the 1,000-km Le Mans Series endurance race at Silverstone, will start with an expert sports car industry forum with an emphasis on Lola sports car products and that weekend's race, for which Lola, in one of its most successful LMS seasons ever, has high hopes of further podium appearances.
There will also be a section of general sports car questions, which will be pre-arranged questions from Lola guests (a mixture of general public competition winners, guests and members of the media).
The forum panel is expected to be made up of two Lola sports car drivers, a Lola director, a team owner and two motorsport industry personalities who have a direct involvement in sports car racing. One of the panel guests may be a senior broadcaster or journalist.
You may also want to watch:
The panel will be hosted by Radio Le Mans commentator John Hindaugh and will feature on the Midweek Motorsport programme that evening and throughout broadcasting at the Silverstone LMS event.
Winners will also have a chance to meet divers and industry personalities and, weather and car-availability permitting, watch pit-stop demonstrations before touring the St Peter's Road factory.
- 1 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 7 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets just answer this question: Which famous British manufacturer has a V12 engine that powers Lola sports cars? E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday September 4, including your name, full postal address and a contact telephone number.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.