Huntingdon: Win tickets to meet Lola race stars at exclusive motorsport event
SIX Hunts Post readers can win pairs of tickets for a special motorsport event at prospering Huntingdon-based racing car manufacturer Lola on Wednesday, September 9. The open day, in the run-up to the 1,000-km Le Mans Series endurance race at Silver
SIX Hunts Post readers can win pairs of tickets for a special motorsport event at prospering Huntingdon-based racing car manufacturer Lola on Wednesday, September 9.
The open day, in the run-up to the 1,000-km Le Mans Series endurance race at Silverstone, will start with an expert sports car industry forum with an emphasis on Lola sports car products and that weekend's race, for which Lola, in one of its most successful LMS seasons ever, has high hopes of further podium appearances.
There will also be a section of general sports car questions, which will be pre-arranged questions from Lola guests (a mixture of general public competition winners, guests and members of the media).
The forum panel is expected to be made up of two Lola sports car drivers, a Lola director, a team owner and two motorsport industry personalities who have a direct involvement in sports car racing. One of the panel guests may be a senior broadcaster or journalist.
You may also want to watch:
The panel will be hosted by Radio Le Mans commentator John Hindaugh and will feature on the Midweek Motorsport programme that evening and throughout broadcasting at the Silverstone LMS event.
Winners will also have a chance to meet divers and industry personalities and, weather and car-availability permitting, watch pit-stop demonstrations before touring the St Peter's Road factory.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets just answer this question: Which famous British manufacturer has a V12 engine that powers Lola sports cars? E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday September 4, including your name, full postal address and a contact telephone number.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.