Huntingdon: Win tickets to meet Lola race stars at exclusive motorsport event
SIX Hunts Post readers can win pairs of tickets for a special motorsport event at prospering Huntingdon-based racing car manufacturer Lola on Wednesday, September 9. The open day, in the run-up to the 1,000-km Le Mans Series endurance race at Silver
SIX Hunts Post readers can win pairs of tickets for a special motorsport event at prospering Huntingdon-based racing car manufacturer Lola on Wednesday, September 9.
The open day, in the run-up to the 1,000-km Le Mans Series endurance race at Silverstone, will start with an expert sports car industry forum with an emphasis on Lola sports car products and that weekend's race, for which Lola, in one of its most successful LMS seasons ever, has high hopes of further podium appearances.
There will also be a section of general sports car questions, which will be pre-arranged questions from Lola guests (a mixture of general public competition winners, guests and members of the media).
The forum panel is expected to be made up of two Lola sports car drivers, a Lola director, a team owner and two motorsport industry personalities who have a direct involvement in sports car racing. One of the panel guests may be a senior broadcaster or journalist.
The panel will be hosted by Radio Le Mans commentator John Hindaugh and will feature on the Midweek Motorsport programme that evening and throughout broadcasting at the Silverstone LMS event.
Winners will also have a chance to meet divers and industry personalities and, weather and car-availability permitting, watch pit-stop demonstrations before touring the St Peter's Road factory.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets just answer this question: Which famous British manufacturer has a V12 engine that powers Lola sports cars? E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday September 4, including your name, full postal address and a contact telephone number.
Usual Archant competition rules apply.