Huntingdon: Vote for Hazel in model contest
A FORMER hotel manager from Hartford is hoping for a taste of the high life by winning a national modelling competition. Hazel Cottrell, 25, was picked by judges from more than 5,000 other models to make the final shortlist of 200, now a public vote will
A FORMER hotel manager from Hartford is hoping for a taste of the high life by winning a national modelling competition.
Hazel Cottrell, 25, was picked by judges from more than 5,000 other models to make the final shortlist of 200, now a public vote will decide the 12 models who will appear in the Couture Models and Promotions calendar 2011.
A percentage of the proceeds will go to the Make a Wish Foundation.
Hazel, of Lark Crescent, Hartford, began modelling after taking the plunge and having a portfolio of photos taken last summer.
You may also want to watch:
The shots attracted interest and she left her job as manager of the Premier Inn in Huntingdon, where she had worked since the age of 16. She has been working as a self-employed catalogue model for the past six months.
Hazel said: "I guess I had a mini midlife crisis, and I just decided to go for it.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
"Being chosen for the calendar would be a huge step for me - it would open the door to me working with other models and photographers, and it would be nice as well to see someone different win the competition - I'm not your typical model."
INFORMATION: To vote for Hazel, visit www.couturemodelsandpromotions.co.uk by the closing date of April 20.