Huntingdon: Vote for Hazel in model contest
A FORMER hotel manager from Hartford is hoping for a taste of the high life by winning a national modelling competition. Hazel Cottrell, 25, was picked by judges from more than 5,000 other models to make the final shortlist of 200, now a public vote will
A FORMER hotel manager from Hartford is hoping for a taste of the high life by winning a national modelling competition.
Hazel Cottrell, 25, was picked by judges from more than 5,000 other models to make the final shortlist of 200, now a public vote will decide the 12 models who will appear in the Couture Models and Promotions calendar 2011.
A percentage of the proceeds will go to the Make a Wish Foundation.
Hazel, of Lark Crescent, Hartford, began modelling after taking the plunge and having a portfolio of photos taken last summer.
You may also want to watch:
The shots attracted interest and she left her job as manager of the Premier Inn in Huntingdon, where she had worked since the age of 16. She has been working as a self-employed catalogue model for the past six months.
Hazel said: "I guess I had a mini midlife crisis, and I just decided to go for it.
- 1 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 7 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
"Being chosen for the calendar would be a huge step for me - it would open the door to me working with other models and photographers, and it would be nice as well to see someone different win the competition - I'm not your typical model."
INFORMATION: To vote for Hazel, visit www.couturemodelsandpromotions.co.uk by the closing date of April 20.