Huntingdon: Vote for Hazel in model contest
A FORMER hotel manager from Hartford is hoping for a taste of the high life by winning a national modelling competition. Hazel Cottrell, 25, was picked by judges from more than 5,000 other models to make the final shortlist of 200, now a public vote will
A FORMER hotel manager from Hartford is hoping for a taste of the high life by winning a national modelling competition.
Hazel Cottrell, 25, was picked by judges from more than 5,000 other models to make the final shortlist of 200, now a public vote will decide the 12 models who will appear in the Couture Models and Promotions calendar 2011.
A percentage of the proceeds will go to the Make a Wish Foundation.
Hazel, of Lark Crescent, Hartford, began modelling after taking the plunge and having a portfolio of photos taken last summer.
You may also want to watch:
The shots attracted interest and she left her job as manager of the Premier Inn in Huntingdon, where she had worked since the age of 16. She has been working as a self-employed catalogue model for the past six months.
Hazel said: "I guess I had a mini midlife crisis, and I just decided to go for it.
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 Man suspected of carrying knife 'in the street' is arrested in St Ives
- 3 Prison for 'violent' blackmailers who told victim 'we'll stab you'
- 4 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 10 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
"Being chosen for the calendar would be a huge step for me - it would open the door to me working with other models and photographers, and it would be nice as well to see someone different win the competition - I'm not your typical model."
INFORMATION: To vote for Hazel, visit www.couturemodelsandpromotions.co.uk by the closing date of April 20.