Huntingdon: Vote for Hazel in model contest
A FORMER hotel manager from Hartford is hoping for a taste of the high life by winning a national modelling competition. Hazel Cottrell, 25, was picked by judges from more than 5,000 other models to make the final shortlist of 200, now a public vote will
A FORMER hotel manager from Hartford is hoping for a taste of the high life by winning a national modelling competition.
Hazel Cottrell, 25, was picked by judges from more than 5,000 other models to make the final shortlist of 200, now a public vote will decide the 12 models who will appear in the Couture Models and Promotions calendar 2011.
A percentage of the proceeds will go to the Make a Wish Foundation.
Hazel, of Lark Crescent, Hartford, began modelling after taking the plunge and having a portfolio of photos taken last summer.
The shots attracted interest and she left her job as manager of the Premier Inn in Huntingdon, where she had worked since the age of 16. She has been working as a self-employed catalogue model for the past six months.
Hazel said: "I guess I had a mini midlife crisis, and I just decided to go for it.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Car rolled in crash on A14
- 3 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 4 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 5 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 6 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 7 Sir John Major to answer questions at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 8 Garden railway raises money for 3 Pillars
- 9 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 10 A charity football match involving a mixed Polish and Ukrainian team aims to raise funds for Ukraine
"Being chosen for the calendar would be a huge step for me - it would open the door to me working with other models and photographers, and it would be nice as well to see someone different win the competition - I'm not your typical model."
INFORMATION: To vote for Hazel, visit www.couturemodelsandpromotions.co.uk by the closing date of April 20.