Huntingdon swine flu centre reducing work hours
OPENING times at the county s swine flu antiviral collection points (ACP) have been revised. The centres, which include the Oak Tree Centre in Huntingdon, allow a flu friend to collect antivirals on behalf of someone who has been diagnosed with swine fl
OPENING times at the county's swine flu antiviral collection points (ACP) have been revised.
The centres, which include the Oak Tree Centre in Huntingdon, allow a "flu friend" to collect antivirals on behalf of someone who has been diagnosed with swine flu via the National Pandemic Flu Service.
Flu friends can now visit the Oak Tree Centre between 10am and 7pm, seven days a week.
Dr Liz Robin, director of public health at NHS Cambridgeshire, said: "Since our antiviral collection points opened in Cambridgeshire, we have been carefully monitoring the numbers of people who have been visiting the centres to collect antivirals.
You may also want to watch:
"Nationally, the estimated numbers of swine flu cases have been decreasing over the summer holiday period, and this has also been the case locally.
"This means that recently our smaller ACPs have been very quiet. Because of this we have made the decision to reduce opening times at some of our ACPs, while ensuring that we still provide access for all four locations, seven days a week.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
"However, we are constantly reviewing the situation and should the demand for antivirals suddenly increase, we have plans in place which would enable us to increase opening hours again.