Huntingdon swine flu centre reducing work hours
OPENING times at the county s swine flu antiviral collection points (ACP) have been revised. The centres, which include the Oak Tree Centre in Huntingdon, allow a flu friend to collect antivirals on behalf of someone who has been diagnosed with swine fl
OPENING times at the county's swine flu antiviral collection points (ACP) have been revised.
The centres, which include the Oak Tree Centre in Huntingdon, allow a "flu friend" to collect antivirals on behalf of someone who has been diagnosed with swine flu via the National Pandemic Flu Service.
Flu friends can now visit the Oak Tree Centre between 10am and 7pm, seven days a week.
Dr Liz Robin, director of public health at NHS Cambridgeshire, said: "Since our antiviral collection points opened in Cambridgeshire, we have been carefully monitoring the numbers of people who have been visiting the centres to collect antivirals.
"Nationally, the estimated numbers of swine flu cases have been decreasing over the summer holiday period, and this has also been the case locally.
"This means that recently our smaller ACPs have been very quiet. Because of this we have made the decision to reduce opening times at some of our ACPs, while ensuring that we still provide access for all four locations, seven days a week.
- 1 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 2 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 3 St Ivo Academy celebrate the success of its star girls teams and international call ups
- 4 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 5 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
- 6 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 7 New archdeacon for Huntingdon and Wisbech
- 8 School project raises awareness of endangered species
- 9 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 10 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
"However, we are constantly reviewing the situation and should the demand for antivirals suddenly increase, we have plans in place which would enable us to increase opening hours again.