Huntingdon Specsavers on hunt for Spectacle Wearer of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Specsavers is on the lookout for the best spectacle-wearing person as part of a national competition.
Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh helped Specsavers has launched its annual Spectacle Wearer of the Year competition with the winner being presented £10,000 and a dream holiday to the Bahamas at a star-studded event later in the year hosted by Gok Wan.
Every entry into this year’s competition will see Specsavers donate £1 to Kidscape - a charity for preventing bullying.
Ms Walsh said: “I love my glasses, I like to make a real statement by wearing something bold. They are such a part of who you are and a fun way to express yourself. Everyone should wear their specs with pride.
“I’ve been wearing glasses for six years. I think I let my eyes get a little bit worse than I should have before I did start wearing them but now I have fully embraced them - it’s a new look for me.”
You may also want to watch:
Zuher Gulamhusein, store director at Specsavers in Huntingdon, said: “We know that people in Huntingdon love their glasses and we want to celebrate it. The Spectacle Wearer of the Year competition gives us the opportunity to prove that glasses are fabulous at any age by celebrating the specs wearers right on our doorstep who wear them with pride and plenty of style.”
INFORMATION: There are four age categories – 16-24, 25-39, 40-59 and 60+, plus a Facebook favourite voted for by the public. A winner from each category will win a VIP makeover and will attend the celebrity-studded grand final in London.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Nurses Day 2021: You thank our dedicated Hunts nurses for their care
- 4 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 5 Woman stole from terminally-ill mother
- 6 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Pasco Hussain is named as the new mayor of St Ives
- 9 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 10 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
To enter this year’s competition or to book an eye examination, visit Specsavers Huntingdon at 128 High Street, Huntingdon, Cambridge, PE29 3NE, call the store on 01480 457 800 or visit www.specsavers.com/stores/huntingdon