Huntingdon Specsavers on hunt for Spectacle Wearer of the Year
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Specsavers is on the lookout for the best spectacle-wearing person as part of a national competition.
Girls Aloud singer Kimberley Walsh helped Specsavers has launched its annual Spectacle Wearer of the Year competition with the winner being presented £10,000 and a dream holiday to the Bahamas at a star-studded event later in the year hosted by Gok Wan.
Every entry into this year’s competition will see Specsavers donate £1 to Kidscape - a charity for preventing bullying.
Ms Walsh said: “I love my glasses, I like to make a real statement by wearing something bold. They are such a part of who you are and a fun way to express yourself. Everyone should wear their specs with pride.
“I’ve been wearing glasses for six years. I think I let my eyes get a little bit worse than I should have before I did start wearing them but now I have fully embraced them - it’s a new look for me.”
Zuher Gulamhusein, store director at Specsavers in Huntingdon, said: “We know that people in Huntingdon love their glasses and we want to celebrate it. The Spectacle Wearer of the Year competition gives us the opportunity to prove that glasses are fabulous at any age by celebrating the specs wearers right on our doorstep who wear them with pride and plenty of style.”
INFORMATION: There are four age categories – 16-24, 25-39, 40-59 and 60+, plus a Facebook favourite voted for by the public. A winner from each category will win a VIP makeover and will attend the celebrity-studded grand final in London.
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 7 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 8 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 9 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 10 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
To enter this year’s competition or to book an eye examination, visit Specsavers Huntingdon at 128 High Street, Huntingdon, Cambridge, PE29 3NE, call the store on 01480 457 800 or visit www.specsavers.com/stores/huntingdon