Huntingdon’s Joanna prepares for Race for Life
IN THE PINK: A Huntingdon business woman is tackling Cancer Research’s Race for Life next month after witnessing the effects of breast cancer up close in many women who she has served at her shop.
Joanna Lindsey, 28, manager and senior fitter at Eloise Lingerie, Glebe Road, said she sees the effects of cancer almost every day of her working life while running the shop’s bespoke bra fitting service.
“The women who come in to see me are truly inspiring and I really wanted to do something to play my part in raising awareness and vital funds for cancer research,” Joanna said. “Having taken part in the Peterborough Race for Life last year, it was such a moving and emotional experience and something I wanted to do again.
“My aim is to jog the 5km route and to take in the atmosphere and wonderful support for the event along the way.”
Joanna and her childhood friend, Emma Langley, will be running the Race for Life at Parker’s Piece in Cambridge on Sunday, July 3.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To support Joanna visit www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/joannalindsey0703
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity