Huntingdon’s Joanna prepares for Race for Life
IN THE PINK: A Huntingdon business woman is tackling Cancer Research’s Race for Life next month after witnessing the effects of breast cancer up close in many women who she has served at her shop.
Joanna Lindsey, 28, manager and senior fitter at Eloise Lingerie, Glebe Road, said she sees the effects of cancer almost every day of her working life while running the shop’s bespoke bra fitting service.
“The women who come in to see me are truly inspiring and I really wanted to do something to play my part in raising awareness and vital funds for cancer research,” Joanna said. “Having taken part in the Peterborough Race for Life last year, it was such a moving and emotional experience and something I wanted to do again.
“My aim is to jog the 5km route and to take in the atmosphere and wonderful support for the event along the way.”
Joanna and her childhood friend, Emma Langley, will be running the Race for Life at Parker’s Piece in Cambridge on Sunday, July 3.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To support Joanna visit www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/joannalindsey0703
- 1 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 2 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 3 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 4 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Stuie Delf launches new fundraising campaign in memory of his brother
- 7 Letter of the Week: 'Could we sue stores who don't enforce mask wearing'?
- 8 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years