Huntingdon’s Joanna prepares for Race for Life
IN THE PINK: A Huntingdon business woman is tackling Cancer Research’s Race for Life next month after witnessing the effects of breast cancer up close in many women who she has served at her shop.
Joanna Lindsey, 28, manager and senior fitter at Eloise Lingerie, Glebe Road, said she sees the effects of cancer almost every day of her working life while running the shop’s bespoke bra fitting service.
“The women who come in to see me are truly inspiring and I really wanted to do something to play my part in raising awareness and vital funds for cancer research,” Joanna said. “Having taken part in the Peterborough Race for Life last year, it was such a moving and emotional experience and something I wanted to do again.
“My aim is to jog the 5km route and to take in the atmosphere and wonderful support for the event along the way.”
Joanna and her childhood friend, Emma Langley, will be running the Race for Life at Parker’s Piece in Cambridge on Sunday, July 3.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: To support Joanna visit www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/joannalindsey0703
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31