Huntingdon Ring Road work postponed until next year
REPAIRS to Huntingdon Ring Road have been delayed until next year after community leaders said this weekend’s works would affect Christmas shopping.
The road was due to be closed along Cromwell Walk, Brookside and Nursery Road from 6pm on Saturday until 1am on Sunday and again on Sunday between 5pm and 1am the following day but Cambridgeshire County Council have postponed the work until the new year.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “The road repairs were planned after we received complaints from the public about the condition of the road surface.
“Although the road closure would have affected only a short stretch of the ring road and was outside of traditional shopping hours, we were happy to listen to the representations on behalf of the local traders and community.
“There is much going on and to see in Huntingdon and we have agreed it would appropriate to move the work back until the new year.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “The work will now be rescheduled to fit in with other repairs schemes around Cambridgeshire which have already been timetabled.”
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 7 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 8 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 9 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 10 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford