Huntingdon Ring Road work postponed until next year
REPAIRS to Huntingdon Ring Road have been delayed until next year after community leaders said this weekend’s works would affect Christmas shopping.
The road was due to be closed along Cromwell Walk, Brookside and Nursery Road from 6pm on Saturday until 1am on Sunday and again on Sunday between 5pm and 1am the following day but Cambridgeshire County Council have postponed the work until the new year.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire County Council, said: “The road repairs were planned after we received complaints from the public about the condition of the road surface.
“Although the road closure would have affected only a short stretch of the ring road and was outside of traditional shopping hours, we were happy to listen to the representations on behalf of the local traders and community.
“There is much going on and to see in Huntingdon and we have agreed it would appropriate to move the work back until the new year.”
The spokesman added: “The work will now be rescheduled to fit in with other repairs schemes around Cambridgeshire which have already been timetabled.”
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month