Huntingdon ring road resurfacing delayed again as it’s too cold
- Credit: Archant
RESURFACING works for Huntingdon ring road has been postponed for a second time ... as it’s going to be too cold.
Road engineers were due to start work tomorrow (Saturday) at 7pm between Ermine Street and Hartford Road but Cambridgeshire County Council, who has organised the £250,000 scheme, has delayed it.
The road between the bus station and George Street was also due to be resurfaced the following Saturday, but that too has been suspended.
A CCC spokesman said that as the weather was due to fall below freezing on Saturday night, it would be too cold for the tarmac to adhere correctly.
He added that a new date hasn’t been set.
You may also want to watch:
The council postponed the works that were due to start in December as the town’s shops said that it would damage trade in the run up to Christmas.
Katy Sismore, BID Huntingdon manager, reminded shoppers that the town would still be accessible.
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 3 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 8 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 9 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester