Huntingdon ring road resurfacing delayed again as it’s too cold
- Credit: Archant
RESURFACING works for Huntingdon ring road has been postponed for a second time ... as it’s going to be too cold.
Road engineers were due to start work tomorrow (Saturday) at 7pm between Ermine Street and Hartford Road but Cambridgeshire County Council, who has organised the £250,000 scheme, has delayed it.
The road between the bus station and George Street was also due to be resurfaced the following Saturday, but that too has been suspended.
A CCC spokesman said that as the weather was due to fall below freezing on Saturday night, it would be too cold for the tarmac to adhere correctly.
He added that a new date hasn’t been set.
The council postponed the works that were due to start in December as the town’s shops said that it would damage trade in the run up to Christmas.
Katy Sismore, BID Huntingdon manager, reminded shoppers that the town would still be accessible.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital