Huntingdon ring road resurfacing delayed again as it’s too cold
- Credit: Archant
RESURFACING works for Huntingdon ring road has been postponed for a second time ... as it’s going to be too cold.
Road engineers were due to start work tomorrow (Saturday) at 7pm between Ermine Street and Hartford Road but Cambridgeshire County Council, who has organised the £250,000 scheme, has delayed it.
The road between the bus station and George Street was also due to be resurfaced the following Saturday, but that too has been suspended.
A CCC spokesman said that as the weather was due to fall below freezing on Saturday night, it would be too cold for the tarmac to adhere correctly.
He added that a new date hasn’t been set.
You may also want to watch:
The council postponed the works that were due to start in December as the town’s shops said that it would damage trade in the run up to Christmas.
Katy Sismore, BID Huntingdon manager, reminded shoppers that the town would still be accessible.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 7 Day of action at Camp Beagle as protesters demand release of puppies
- 8 Plea for caution as Covid-19 rates rise
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Maddy's epic Channel swim will be 'powered by plants'