Huntingdon ring road resurfacing delayed again as it’s too cold
- Credit: Archant
RESURFACING works for Huntingdon ring road has been postponed for a second time ... as it’s going to be too cold.
Road engineers were due to start work tomorrow (Saturday) at 7pm between Ermine Street and Hartford Road but Cambridgeshire County Council, who has organised the £250,000 scheme, has delayed it.
The road between the bus station and George Street was also due to be resurfaced the following Saturday, but that too has been suspended.
A CCC spokesman said that as the weather was due to fall below freezing on Saturday night, it would be too cold for the tarmac to adhere correctly.
He added that a new date hasn’t been set.
You may also want to watch:
The council postponed the works that were due to start in December as the town’s shops said that it would damage trade in the run up to Christmas.
Katy Sismore, BID Huntingdon manager, reminded shoppers that the town would still be accessible.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital