Huntingdon MP to attend meeting to 'clear the air' over expenses
HUNTINGDON S Conservatives are to hold a private meeting next month with MP Jonathan Djanogly to clear the air on MPs expenses and suggest future improvements to the system. Constituency association chairman Martin Stephenson said Tories in the distric
HUNTINGDON'S Conservatives are to hold a private meeting next month with MP Jonathan Djanogly to "clear the air" on MPs' expenses and suggest future improvements to the system.
Constituency association chairman Martin Stephenson said Tories in the district had been concerned by media revelations about MPs' expenses, and the executive council wanted to give them a chance to talk to Mr Djanogly about that and other issues.
"People said there were mumblings, and it would be good if anybody with any concerns could have the chance to ask him," Mr Stephenson told The Hunts Post.
"I've had more supportive phone calls than the other way, and the executive felt it would be a good idea to clear the air and get on with fighting the next election within the next 12 months."
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will be held at Huntingdon's Commemoration Hall on the evening of Thursday July 9. Only members of the association who have paid their subscriptions in the past 15 months will be allowed in.
- 1 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
- 2 Drivers escape unharmed after lorry and roadworks truck crash on A1m
- 3 Huge queues and excitement in Huntingdon as shoppers return
- 4 New Shoe Zone 'concept store' opens
- 5 Story of "poltergeist activity" at the local pub
- 6 People and businesses in St Neots 'thrilled' as lockdown eases
- 7 Tribute for inspirational transplant patient Sammi Sparke
- 8 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 9 New secondary school for St Neots could be open by 2025
- 10 Fenstanton Youth pick up where they left off with win over Bluntisham Blasters