Huntingdon MP to attend meeting to 'clear the air' over expenses
HUNTINGDON S Conservatives are to hold a private meeting next month with MP Jonathan Djanogly to clear the air on MPs expenses and suggest future improvements to the system. Constituency association chairman Martin Stephenson said Tories in the distric
HUNTINGDON'S Conservatives are to hold a private meeting next month with MP Jonathan Djanogly to "clear the air" on MPs' expenses and suggest future improvements to the system.
Constituency association chairman Martin Stephenson said Tories in the district had been concerned by media revelations about MPs' expenses, and the executive council wanted to give them a chance to talk to Mr Djanogly about that and other issues.
"People said there were mumblings, and it would be good if anybody with any concerns could have the chance to ask him," Mr Stephenson told The Hunts Post.
"I've had more supportive phone calls than the other way, and the executive felt it would be a good idea to clear the air and get on with fighting the next election within the next 12 months."
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will be held at Huntingdon's Commemoration Hall on the evening of Thursday July 9. Only members of the association who have paid their subscriptions in the past 15 months will be allowed in.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life