Huntingdon MP to attend meeting to 'clear the air' over expenses
HUNTINGDON S Conservatives are to hold a private meeting next month with MP Jonathan Djanogly to clear the air on MPs expenses and suggest future improvements to the system. Constituency association chairman Martin Stephenson said Tories in the distric
HUNTINGDON'S Conservatives are to hold a private meeting next month with MP Jonathan Djanogly to "clear the air" on MPs' expenses and suggest future improvements to the system.
Constituency association chairman Martin Stephenson said Tories in the district had been concerned by media revelations about MPs' expenses, and the executive council wanted to give them a chance to talk to Mr Djanogly about that and other issues.
"People said there were mumblings, and it would be good if anybody with any concerns could have the chance to ask him," Mr Stephenson told The Hunts Post.
"I've had more supportive phone calls than the other way, and the executive felt it would be a good idea to clear the air and get on with fighting the next election within the next 12 months."
You may also want to watch:
The meeting will be held at Huntingdon's Commemoration Hall on the evening of Thursday July 9. Only members of the association who have paid their subscriptions in the past 15 months will be allowed in.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Lorry driver who 'couldn't stand up' was three times over drink-drive limit
- 4 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 5 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 6 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 7 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers
- 8 Ramsey schoolgirl names new housing development
- 9 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon