Huntingdon florists blooms in national competition
FLOWER POWER: A Huntingdon florist is celebrating her success in a prestigious national competition. Hannah MacDonald, 21, of St Mary s Street, is manager of Mulberry s Florists in the town. She entered the floristry category of the UK Skills Competition
FLOWER POWER: A Huntingdon florist is celebrating her success in a prestigious national competition.
Hannah MacDonald, 21, of St Mary's Street, is manager of Mulberry's Florists in the town.
She entered the floristry category of the UK Skills Competition earlier this year, beating off stiff competition at a regional heat in Northamptonshire to make it to the final, which was held at RHS Tatton at the weekend.
Hannah has been a florist for three years and studied the art at an evening class held at Huntingdonshire Regional College.
You may also want to watch:
She came first in the floral standing arrangement category and second overall - narrowly missing out on a chance to compete at the international competition, World Skills 2009.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Tributes paid to Prince Philip from across Huntingdonshire
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 7 Town rangers are the friendly face of the High Street
- 8 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'
- 9 Students in Ramsey complete 180,874 minutes of exercise for school challenge
- 10 New shop opening in St Ives as lock-down eases on April 12