Huntingdon florists blooms in national competition
FLOWER POWER: A Huntingdon florist is celebrating her success in a prestigious national competition. Hannah MacDonald, 21, of St Mary s Street, is manager of Mulberry s Florists in the town. She entered the floristry category of the UK Skills Competition
FLOWER POWER: A Huntingdon florist is celebrating her success in a prestigious national competition.
Hannah MacDonald, 21, of St Mary's Street, is manager of Mulberry's Florists in the town.
She entered the floristry category of the UK Skills Competition earlier this year, beating off stiff competition at a regional heat in Northamptonshire to make it to the final, which was held at RHS Tatton at the weekend.
Hannah has been a florist for three years and studied the art at an evening class held at Huntingdonshire Regional College.
You may also want to watch:
She came first in the floral standing arrangement category and second overall - narrowly missing out on a chance to compete at the international competition, World Skills 2009.
- 1 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 2 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 9 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
- 10 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter