Huntingdon florists blooms in national competition
FLOWER POWER: A Huntingdon florist is celebrating her success in a prestigious national competition. Hannah MacDonald, 21, of St Mary s Street, is manager of Mulberry s Florists in the town. She entered the floristry category of the UK Skills Competition
FLOWER POWER: A Huntingdon florist is celebrating her success in a prestigious national competition.
Hannah MacDonald, 21, of St Mary's Street, is manager of Mulberry's Florists in the town.
She entered the floristry category of the UK Skills Competition earlier this year, beating off stiff competition at a regional heat in Northamptonshire to make it to the final, which was held at RHS Tatton at the weekend.
Hannah has been a florist for three years and studied the art at an evening class held at Huntingdonshire Regional College.
You may also want to watch:
She came first in the floral standing arrangement category and second overall - narrowly missing out on a chance to compete at the international competition, World Skills 2009.
- 1 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 4 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 5 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 6 Letters to the Editor
- 7 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Donations from school's Little Shop of Kindness is life-line for families
- 10 Public health director Dr Liz Robin to retire