Huntingdon firm Cyrus Audio hits Kickstarter fund goal in one day
- Credit: Archant
A tiny device that improves the audio quality of music on your phone has beaten all expectations and reached its £50,000 crowdfunding target in less than 24 hours.
Cyrus Audio, based on the Ermine Business Park, in Huntingdon, launched its Kickstarter campaign, on July 1, to develop their device, the soundKey, but after the exceptional response it is now overfunding for the rest of the month.
Managing director, Simon Freethy, said: “A huge thank you to everyone who has pledged so far and welcome to the Cyrus family.
“We have been completely blown away by the response we have had to extend the launch of the Cyrus soundKey on Kickstarter. You have really engaged with some fantastic comments and great feedback on ways to further improve the product.”
According to the company, the Cyrus soundKey bypasses the low quality audio circuits of mobile phones and tablets, taking the digital music signal directly to its high quality DACs (digital to analogue converters) and amplifiers to improve the sound for headphone users.
You may also want to watch:
The Cyrus soundKey will work with wired headphones making it compatible with 99 per cent of available models.
The campaign will remain live until July 30, giving ample opportunity for fans to secure their own Cyrus soundKey at 30 per cent off the retail price by pledging £69 to the campaign.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'
To pledge go to: www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyrussoundkey/cyrus-soundkey-dac-bringing-your-music-on-the-move?ref=nav_search.