Huntingdon firm Cyrus Audio hits Kickstarter fund goal in one day
- Credit: Archant
A tiny device that improves the audio quality of music on your phone has beaten all expectations and reached its £50,000 crowdfunding target in less than 24 hours.
Cyrus Audio, based on the Ermine Business Park, in Huntingdon, launched its Kickstarter campaign, on July 1, to develop their device, the soundKey, but after the exceptional response it is now overfunding for the rest of the month.
Managing director, Simon Freethy, said: “A huge thank you to everyone who has pledged so far and welcome to the Cyrus family.
“We have been completely blown away by the response we have had to extend the launch of the Cyrus soundKey on Kickstarter. You have really engaged with some fantastic comments and great feedback on ways to further improve the product.”
According to the company, the Cyrus soundKey bypasses the low quality audio circuits of mobile phones and tablets, taking the digital music signal directly to its high quality DACs (digital to analogue converters) and amplifiers to improve the sound for headphone users.
You may also want to watch:
The Cyrus soundKey will work with wired headphones making it compatible with 99 per cent of available models.
The campaign will remain live until July 30, giving ample opportunity for fans to secure their own Cyrus soundKey at 30 per cent off the retail price by pledging £69 to the campaign.
- 1 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
To pledge go to: www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyrussoundkey/cyrus-soundkey-dac-bringing-your-music-on-the-move?ref=nav_search.