Huntingdon firm Cyrus Audio hits Kickstarter fund goal in one day
- Credit: Archant
A tiny device that improves the audio quality of music on your phone has beaten all expectations and reached its £50,000 crowdfunding target in less than 24 hours.
Cyrus Audio, based on the Ermine Business Park, in Huntingdon, launched its Kickstarter campaign, on July 1, to develop their device, the soundKey, but after the exceptional response it is now overfunding for the rest of the month.
Managing director, Simon Freethy, said: “A huge thank you to everyone who has pledged so far and welcome to the Cyrus family.
“We have been completely blown away by the response we have had to extend the launch of the Cyrus soundKey on Kickstarter. You have really engaged with some fantastic comments and great feedback on ways to further improve the product.”
According to the company, the Cyrus soundKey bypasses the low quality audio circuits of mobile phones and tablets, taking the digital music signal directly to its high quality DACs (digital to analogue converters) and amplifiers to improve the sound for headphone users.
You may also want to watch:
The Cyrus soundKey will work with wired headphones making it compatible with 99 per cent of available models.
The campaign will remain live until July 30, giving ample opportunity for fans to secure their own Cyrus soundKey at 30 per cent off the retail price by pledging £69 to the campaign.
- 1 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 2 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Dad uses own mental health struggles to support other men
- 6 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine rolled out at care home in Huntingdon
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 10 Astronomers at Alconbury are searching for signs of alien life in space
To pledge go to: www.kickstarter.com/projects/cyrussoundkey/cyrus-soundkey-dac-bringing-your-music-on-the-move?ref=nav_search.