Huntingdon: Date set for NHS hospital franchise meeting
A PUBLIC meeting on the proposal to put the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital into private hands is to be held on Wednesday, September 2. As reported by The Hunts Post last month, the Strategic Health Authority has agreed that the management of the Hu
A PUBLIC meeting on the proposal to put the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital into private hands is to be held on Wednesday, September 2.
As reported by The Hunts Post last month, the Strategic Health Authority has agreed that the management of the Huntingdon hospital can be put out to tender.
The plan is to make the hospital financially efficient. A similar scheme was tried at The Good Hope Hospital in Birmingham in 2003 but by 2006 had a deficit of �20million and was returned to the NHS.
If the Hinchingbrooke scheme succeeds the Department of Health has said it will become a model for other hospital trusts to follow.
You may also want to watch:
Those involved in the process include district and parish councils, the Hinchingbrooke NHS Trust, Friends of Hinchingbrooke, MPs, trades unions and volunteer bodies.
INFORMATION: The public meeting is from 2pm to 5pm at the Assembly Rooms, Hinchingbrooke House, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 3BN.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 St Ives teenager donating her hair for charity
Future meetings will be in November.