Huntingdon: Date set for NHS hospital franchise meeting
A PUBLIC meeting on the proposal to put the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital into private hands is to be held on Wednesday, September 2. As reported by The Hunts Post last month, the Strategic Health Authority has agreed that the management of the Hu
A PUBLIC meeting on the proposal to put the management of Hinchingbrooke Hospital into private hands is to be held on Wednesday, September 2.
As reported by The Hunts Post last month, the Strategic Health Authority has agreed that the management of the Huntingdon hospital can be put out to tender.
The plan is to make the hospital financially efficient. A similar scheme was tried at The Good Hope Hospital in Birmingham in 2003 but by 2006 had a deficit of �20million and was returned to the NHS.
If the Hinchingbrooke scheme succeeds the Department of Health has said it will become a model for other hospital trusts to follow.
You may also want to watch:
Those involved in the process include district and parish councils, the Hinchingbrooke NHS Trust, Friends of Hinchingbrooke, MPs, trades unions and volunteer bodies.
INFORMATION: The public meeting is from 2pm to 5pm at the Assembly Rooms, Hinchingbrooke House, Brampton Road, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire PE29 3BN.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
Future meetings will be in November.