Huntingdon: �40million budget will not deter Lola Cars' F1 bid
HUNTINGDON S Lola Cars has confirmed it will be applying to join F1 from next season. The St Peter s Road company had been debating joining the sport after the FIA World Motorsport Council announced in April that teams competing next year would have to restr
HUNTINGDON'S Lola Cars has confirmed it will be applying to join F1 from next season.
The St Peter's Road company had been debating joining the sport after FIA World Motorsport Council announced in April that teams competing next year would have to restrict spending to �30million.
A further �10m has since been added to the budget, but that has not put Lola off and the racing car company will be apply for a place in the competition.
The Lola Group says it believes that the cost-capping will help new teams enter the F1 competition and should be embraced.
You may also want to watch:
However, the firm says it is also imperative that performance breaks be afforded to new cost-capped entrants as they will have limited time to create teams, and design and manufacture their cars.
- 1 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 2 Four dogs rescued after being abandoned on A14
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 5 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 6 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Visiting to resume at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 10 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020