Huntingdon: �40million budget will not deter Lola Cars' F1 bid
HUNTINGDON S Lola Cars has confirmed it will be applying to join F1 from next season. The St Peter s Road company had been debating joining the sport after the FIA World Motorsport Council announced in April that teams competing next year would have to restr
HUNTINGDON'S Lola Cars has confirmed it will be applying to join F1 from next season.
The St Peter's Road company had been debating joining the sport after FIA World Motorsport Council announced in April that teams competing next year would have to restrict spending to �30million.
A further �10m has since been added to the budget, but that has not put Lola off and the racing car company will be apply for a place in the competition.
The Lola Group says it believes that the cost-capping will help new teams enter the F1 competition and should be embraced.
You may also want to watch:
However, the firm says it is also imperative that performance breaks be afforded to new cost-capped entrants as they will have limited time to create teams, and design and manufacture their cars.
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 4 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 5 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week