Huntingdon: �40million budget will not deter Lola Cars' F1 bid
HUNTINGDON S Lola Cars has confirmed it will be applying to join F1 from next season. The St Peter s Road company had been debating joining the sport after the FIA World Motorsport Council announced in April that teams competing next year would have to restr
HUNTINGDON'S Lola Cars has confirmed it will be applying to join F1 from next season.
The St Peter's Road company had been debating joining the sport after FIA World Motorsport Council announced in April that teams competing next year would have to restrict spending to �30million.
A further �10m has since been added to the budget, but that has not put Lola off and the racing car company will be apply for a place in the competition.
The Lola Group says it believes that the cost-capping will help new teams enter the F1 competition and should be embraced.
You may also want to watch:
However, the firm says it is also imperative that performance breaks be afforded to new cost-capped entrants as they will have limited time to create teams, and design and manufacture their cars.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village