Hunt for air rifle man after fishing boy is shot
A TEENAGER was shot by an air rifle while fishing in Brampton. The 15-year-old was at Lenton Lakes off Park Road on Sunday, August 20, at 7.30pm when he felt a sharp pain near his left hip. He turned around and saw a young man with what he described as
A TEENAGER was shot by an air rifle while fishing in Brampton.
The 15-year-old was at Lenton Lakes off Park Road on Sunday, August 20, at 7.30pm when he felt a sharp pain near his left hip.
He turned around and saw a young man with what he described as an air rifle. The victim believes he was shot with the weapon and police this week issued a description.
The victim said the man was white, 5ft 3ins, with shaven hair, wearing a camouflage jacket and black jogging bottoms. He also had a scar on the side of his head.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Phil Nicholls said: "Offences involving air weapons are taken very seriously by police and will be dealt with robustly.
"If you need advice on the safe and legal use of air rifles contact the Firearms Licensing Unit on 0845 4564564."
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Clifford Thomas is the new mayor of Godmanchester
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 8 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 9 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Pc Nicholls at Huntingdon Police Station on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.