Hunt for air rifle man after fishing boy is shot
A TEENAGER was shot by an air rifle while fishing in Brampton. The 15-year-old was at Lenton Lakes off Park Road on Sunday, August 20, at 7.30pm when he felt a sharp pain near his left hip. He turned around and saw a young man with what he described as
A TEENAGER was shot by an air rifle while fishing in Brampton.
The 15-year-old was at Lenton Lakes off Park Road on Sunday, August 20, at 7.30pm when he felt a sharp pain near his left hip.
He turned around and saw a young man with what he described as an air rifle. The victim believes he was shot with the weapon and police this week issued a description.
The victim said the man was white, 5ft 3ins, with shaven hair, wearing a camouflage jacket and black jogging bottoms. He also had a scar on the side of his head.
Pc Phil Nicholls said: "Offences involving air weapons are taken very seriously by police and will be dealt with robustly.
"If you need advice on the safe and legal use of air rifles contact the Firearms Licensing Unit on 0845 4564564."
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact Pc Nicholls at Huntingdon Police Station on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.