Huge demand for free Stagecoach Cambs guided bus ride
MORE than 500 people will be trying out Stagecoach s new eco-friendly air-conditioned buses on part of the St Ives-Cambridge guided busway this week after a huge demand for tickets. Initially, 135 free tickets, each allowing two people to ride on the busw
MORE than 500 people will be trying out Stagecoach's new eco-friendly air-conditioned buses on part of the St Ives-Cambridge guided busway this week after a huge demand for tickets.
Initially, 135 free tickets, each allowing two people to ride on the busway, were up for grabs. But Cambridgeshire County Council and Stagecoach will be running extra buses on Friday to give many more people the chance to share the experience.
Ticket winners will ride on a section of the busway between Cambridge Regional College and Histon as well as road sections.
County Councillor Matt Bradney, cabinet member for transport, said: "I have ridden a section of the busway already this week, and again I am blown away by just how smooth the ride is. I wanted local people to try out the busway as early as possible and I am thankful to Stagecoach for offering more buses so we can do that."
You may also want to watch:
If members of the public want to watch guided buses during these trips, they can do so safely from junctions where the busway crosses roads. No access is allowed onto the busway.
The busway is due to open in late summer, several months late.
- 1 New cafe bar set to move into former Dorothy Perkins store in St Neots
- 2 New chief operating officer appointed at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 3 Help for dog owners who bought puppies in lockdown
- 4 Competition launched to name new St Ives park
- 5 Football club is now a mobile testing centre for coronavirus
- 6 Warning after man spotted in Huntingdon hanging around vehicles
- 7 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 8 Dog owners urged to take extra precautions after spate of thefts
- 9 Donations from school's Little Shop of Kindness is life-line for families
- 10 Fantastic snow photos from our Hunts Post readers