Huge demand for free Stagecoach Cambs guided bus ride
MORE than 500 people will be trying out Stagecoach s new eco-friendly air-conditioned buses on part of the St Ives-Cambridge guided busway this week after a huge demand for tickets. Initially, 135 free tickets, each allowing two people to ride on the busw
MORE than 500 people will be trying out Stagecoach's new eco-friendly air-conditioned buses on part of the St Ives-Cambridge guided busway this week after a huge demand for tickets.
Initially, 135 free tickets, each allowing two people to ride on the busway, were up for grabs. But Cambridgeshire County Council and Stagecoach will be running extra buses on Friday to give many more people the chance to share the experience.
Ticket winners will ride on a section of the busway between Cambridge Regional College and Histon as well as road sections.
County Councillor Matt Bradney, cabinet member for transport, said: "I have ridden a section of the busway already this week, and again I am blown away by just how smooth the ride is. I wanted local people to try out the busway as early as possible and I am thankful to Stagecoach for offering more buses so we can do that."
You may also want to watch:
If members of the public want to watch guided buses during these trips, they can do so safely from junctions where the busway crosses roads. No access is allowed onto the busway.
The busway is due to open in late summer, several months late.
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Tributes paid to Prince Philip from across Huntingdonshire
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 7 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'
- 8 Town rangers are the friendly face of the High Street
- 9 New shop opening in St Ives as lock-down eases on April 12
- 10 Students in Ramsey complete 180,874 minutes of exercise for school challenge