HRC plans 'a potential nightmare'
I THINK Anne Constantine (Letters, May 20) is missing the point about why so many people have concerns about Huntingdonshire Regional College s plans for relocation to Hinchingbrooke. Surely she realises that all the extra traffic the college will generat
I THINK Anne Constantine (Letters, May 20) is missing the point about why so many people have concerns about Huntingdonshire Regional College's plans for relocation to Hinchingbrooke.
Surely she realises that all the extra traffic the college will generate in Hinchingbrooke will be a potential nightmare for local residents in an already over-developed area. Just how does she suppose that pupils from other parts of the town and the surrounding area will actually get to the relocated college? They will either have to drive or rely on inadequate public transport.
The public consultation carried out by the district council last year actually took place after the plans had already been approved by the council. I agree with Maurice Dixon's comments (Letters, May 6) that this project has not been properly thought through. The college relocation should at least be on hold until we have adequate transport improvements in the area.
Councillor TOM SANDERSON
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford