House stages Christmas spectacular
A SNOW machine, an ice rink with skating snowmen and hundreds of lights are just a few of the Christmas attractions at 16 Elm Close in Huntingdon this year. The Christmas lights, which are spread across the front garden, were officially switched on by BBC
A SNOW machine, an ice rink with skating snowmen and hundreds of lights are just a few of the Christmas attractions at 16 Elm Close in Huntingdon this year.
The Christmas lights, which are spread across the front garden, were officially switched on by BBC Radio Cambridgeshire presenter Jane Smith and can now be seen from 4.30-10.30pm daily.
The layout of the lights are planned in detail by the homeowner Patricia Allen. It takes her son Anthony, and his step-father Jack Panter, more than four days to put the lights up.
Anthony said: "We just brought a few more lights each year and ended up with this many. Our electricity bill does go up when they switch on the lights but we do it for the kids."
Inside the garden is a stable containing three reindeers, carol singers that actually sing, Santa and much more.
A new addition to the garden this year is the stable containing Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and some sheep ... which, of course, all light up. To protect their Christmas spectacular the family have had to put up high fences around their garden and CCTV cameras after some of their wires were cut in 2004.
- 1 Pub regulars celebrate life of former landlord who died during pandemic
- 2 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 3 Recap: Thameslink passengers urged to delay travel due to 'incidents'
- 4 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 5 Dry weather continues to impact district as pond drys up in Ramsey
- 6 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 7 Number of bird flu cases have been confirmed in Huntingdonshire
- 8 Fun in the sun at Huntingdon Carnival 2022
- 9 Riverside Miniature Railway raises flag in record breaking year
- 10 Permanent Friday home for HCCN group
INFORMATION: Have you got more Christmas lights than this house? If so send your pictures to email@example.com or The Hunts Post, 30 High Street, Huntingdon, PE28 3TB.