Hotel raid is caught on CCTV
A CHEF celebrated turning 18 by returning to a former employer to raid waitresses handbags – recorded by CCTV cameras, a court heard. Craig Dicks admitted acting as lookout while a friend rifled through staff members coats and bags at The George Hotel,
A CHEF celebrated turning 18 by returning to a former employer to raid waitresses' handbags - recorded by CCTV cameras, a court heard.
Craig Dicks admitted acting as lookout while a friend rifled through staff members' coats and bags at The George Hotel, Buckden.
The incident happened on September 21 last year, the day after Dicks, of Turberville Court, Hemingford Grey, turned 18.
Magistrates at Huntingdon heard how Dicks had left his job as a chef at The George in August 2007, but remained living in the area.
You may also want to watch:
During the theft, Dicks kept watch while his accomplice stole three mobile phones and a purse, the court heard.
When staff realised what had happened they viewed the hotel's CCTV footage, recognised Dicks, and contacted the police.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
Officers found one of the stolen mobiles in Dicks' bedroom.
Nenad Spasojevic, defending, said Dicks had been goaded into participating in the theft by his older accomplice.
Magistrates handed Dicks 60 hours of community service, ordered him to pay £117 compensation and £60 court costs.