Hospitals in crisis
PATRICIA Hewitt, the Secretary of our failing health service, blames the Tories for undermining hospitals. After 10 years in Government this is the best she can offer for our failing health service. I am so pleased that Nye Bevan is not alive to see just
PATRICIA Hewitt, the Secretary of our failing health service, blames the Tories for undermining hospitals. After 10 years in Government this is the best she can offer for our failing health service. I am so pleased that Nye Bevan is not alive to see just what this Government has allowed to happen in his NHS.
Without doubt they have ploughed money into our hospitals, but the stark truth is that it that 80 hospitals face closure. Many, many more have a financial crisis that forces them to close wards and sack hundreds of trained staff.
We do not have to be political to realise the hospital crisis affects Tories, Labour, Liberal and agnostics. It is now a crisis of such severity that hundreds are going to die for lack of treatment. This situation has now become not politcal but national and should be treated now as an emergency by political parties together.
The cause was not a lack of finance but bad management, too many managers and no control. We do not give our children unlimited pocket money to spend how they decide and without reproach, but this is exactly what we have done with our hospital managers.
There is now probably more managers than patients. Please let our Members of Parliament join together and find a quick solution to this crisis.
We were the people who ruled a large colonial empire, surely we can put our own house in order.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 6 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 9 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
ROYSTON DAVEY, Wood End, Bluntisham