Hospital supporters plan fund raising charity
HOSPITAL supporters are planning to form a fund-raising trust to support Hinchingbrooke. The idea is the brainchild of march organiser and Unison branch secretary Mike Gough, who aims to keep some pressure off hospital finances to help keep services there
HOSPITAL supporters are planning to form a fund-raising trust to support Hinchingbrooke.
The idea is the brainchild of march organiser and Unison branch secretary Mike Gough, who aims to keep some pressure off hospital finances to help keep services there.
"It's all at a very early stage," he told The Hunts Post. "The first thing we need to do is to set up the company and register it with the Charity Commissions.
"We need three trustees initially, and I have volunteers, but I hope our MPs, Jonathan Djanogly (Huntingdon) and Shailesh Vara (North West Cambridgeshire) will also agree to serve as trustees."
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime he hopes to commission hospital-supporting merchandise, such as wristbands and key fobs to sell to put away as funds for the hospital.
"The next march is not until February - during the strategic health authority's consultation on the future - and we want to keep interest going.
- 1 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 4 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 5 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 Kimbolton business announces new CEO
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
"I would like eventually to raise £1million a year, but we shall obviously have to start smaller than that. For business donations, there would be the advantage that they attract tax relief."
Mr Gough hopes to be able to begin operations this week or next, and is confident most High Street shops will agree to sell the merchandise on the trustees' behalf.