Hospital proves it’s one of the best
FOR the second year running, Hinchingbrooke Hospital has been named as one of the top 40 hospitals in England and Wales by CHKS Ltd, the leading independent healthcare benchmarking company. The company compared data from more than 130 NHS hospitals for it
FOR the second year running, Hinchingbrooke Hospital has been named as one of the top 40 hospitals in England and Wales by CHKS Ltd, the leading independent healthcare benchmarking company.
The company compared data from more than 130 NHS hospitals for it to reach its annual top 40.
Among the aspects of health care it examined were mortality rates, length of stay, day cases, readmissions, MRSA rates and the results of the annual staff survey.
CHKS Chief Executive, Graham Harries, said: "We know how hard all hospitals work to achieve targets in a very challenging environment.
"We are proud to highlight and reward some of the best practice and excellent work done in the NHS. This success should give patients faith in the NHS and reward staff for their dedication and determination to provide the best service they can."
Hinchingbrooke chief executive, Douglas Pattisson, said: "It's a real accolade to be counted in the top 40 for two years running and our staff are to be congratulated on keeping standards high in the hospital.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
"We continue to work hard to ensure that our patients get the best possible care and hopefully next year we will make it a hat trick".