Hospital parking charges 'scandalous'
THE parking charges at Hinchingbrooke (The Hunts Post, February 25) are nothing short of scandalous. I regularly have to visit one of the outpatients clinics and have never been kept waiting longer than an hour. I refuse to pay what is nothing short of a
THE parking charges at Hinchingbrooke (The Hunts Post, February 25) are nothing short of scandalous.
I regularly have to visit one of the outpatients' clinics and have never been kept waiting longer than an hour. I refuse to pay what is nothing short of a tax on the sick and, even though I am disabled, I always park in Hinchingbrooke Park and walk.
What is particularly sad is that this practice has clearly been condoned and even encouraged on the watch of a Labour Government. So much for the slogan "The NHS is safe in our hands".
I'm staggered that this outrageous practice is not high on the priority list of the so-called Cambridgeshire Local Involvement Network. Who appoints them and who is Mike Cornwall, who is supposed to be representing us (the patients) yet attempts to justify this situation by saying things are even worse at Addenbrooke's?
It begs the question what are these wasters costing us and just what are they discussing with the NHS? I bet they enjoy a very cosy relationship and are about as effective as a snowflake in hell.
I never cease to be amazed by how we British allow such practices to be perpetrated on us.
- 1 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 2 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 3 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 4 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 5 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 6 Could you give these pets a home?
- 7 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!
- 8 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 9 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
- 10 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
I hope all the Hunts Post readers help make sure that this practice of taxing the sick is abolished. I hope they all complain loudly and vociferously to the so called LINk, to the hospital management directly and to our MP.