Hospital parking charges 'scandalous'
THE parking charges at Hinchingbrooke (The Hunts Post, February 25) are nothing short of scandalous. I regularly have to visit one of the outpatients clinics and have never been kept waiting longer than an hour. I refuse to pay what is nothing short of a
THE parking charges at Hinchingbrooke (The Hunts Post, February 25) are nothing short of scandalous.
I regularly have to visit one of the outpatients' clinics and have never been kept waiting longer than an hour. I refuse to pay what is nothing short of a tax on the sick and, even though I am disabled, I always park in Hinchingbrooke Park and walk.
What is particularly sad is that this practice has clearly been condoned and even encouraged on the watch of a Labour Government. So much for the slogan "The NHS is safe in our hands".
I'm staggered that this outrageous practice is not high on the priority list of the so-called Cambridgeshire Local Involvement Network. Who appoints them and who is Mike Cornwall, who is supposed to be representing us (the patients) yet attempts to justify this situation by saying things are even worse at Addenbrooke's?
You may also want to watch:
It begs the question what are these wasters costing us and just what are they discussing with the NHS? I bet they enjoy a very cosy relationship and are about as effective as a snowflake in hell.
I never cease to be amazed by how we British allow such practices to be perpetrated on us.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Ramsey Rural Museum's new shop display opens
I hope all the Hunts Post readers help make sure that this practice of taxing the sick is abolished. I hope they all complain loudly and vociferously to the so called LINk, to the hospital management directly and to our MP.