Hopes for launch of youth film festival
A NEW film festival could soon give young people in Huntingdon a stage on which to show their filmmaking talents and creative flair. Plans are under way to establish a youth film festival – the first of its kind in the town – but organisers are looking fo
A NEW film festival could soon give young people in Huntingdon a stage on which to show their filmmaking talents and creative flair.
Plans are under way to establish a youth film festival - the first of its kind in the town - but organisers are looking for people and businesses to support the initiative.
The project is being led by the chairman of Huntingdon Youth Town Council, Jonty Bell who hopes the event will not only offer support to young film-makers but also raise the profile of the youth town council.
Although it is still in the planning stages and funding is not yet secured, organisers are hoping the event will take place this summer at Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The festival would see youngsters up to the age of 19 submitting their own films. They would be shown to an audience who would be able to vote for their favourite.
The aim would be to provide a cash prize for the producer of the winning film.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week
To gauge support for the festival, Huntingdon Youth Council intends to survey pupils at Hinchingbrooke and St Peter's Schools over the coming weeks.
If the response is negative then the festival is unlikely to go ahead.
INFORMATION: Anyone wanting to get involved in the project or offer support should e-mail: email@example.com