Hopes for launch of youth film festival
A NEW film festival could soon give young people in Huntingdon a stage on which to show their filmmaking talents and creative flair. Plans are under way to establish a youth film festival – the first of its kind in the town – but organisers are looking fo
A NEW film festival could soon give young people in Huntingdon a stage on which to show their filmmaking talents and creative flair.
Plans are under way to establish a youth film festival - the first of its kind in the town - but organisers are looking for people and businesses to support the initiative.
The project is being led by the chairman of Huntingdon Youth Town Council, Jonty Bell who hopes the event will not only offer support to young film-makers but also raise the profile of the youth town council.
Although it is still in the planning stages and funding is not yet secured, organisers are hoping the event will take place this summer at Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The festival would see youngsters up to the age of 19 submitting their own films. They would be shown to an audience who would be able to vote for their favourite.
The aim would be to provide a cash prize for the producer of the winning film.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 3 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 4 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 5 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 6 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 7 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 8 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
- 9 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
To gauge support for the festival, Huntingdon Youth Council intends to survey pupils at Hinchingbrooke and St Peter's Schools over the coming weeks.
If the response is negative then the festival is unlikely to go ahead.
INFORMATION: Anyone wanting to get involved in the project or offer support should e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org