Hopes for launch of youth film festival
A NEW film festival could soon give young people in Huntingdon a stage on which to show their filmmaking talents and creative flair. Plans are under way to establish a youth film festival – the first of its kind in the town – but organisers are looking fo
A NEW film festival could soon give young people in Huntingdon a stage on which to show their filmmaking talents and creative flair.
Plans are under way to establish a youth film festival - the first of its kind in the town - but organisers are looking for people and businesses to support the initiative.
The project is being led by the chairman of Huntingdon Youth Town Council, Jonty Bell who hopes the event will not only offer support to young film-makers but also raise the profile of the youth town council.
Although it is still in the planning stages and funding is not yet secured, organisers are hoping the event will take place this summer at Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre.
The festival would see youngsters up to the age of 19 submitting their own films. They would be shown to an audience who would be able to vote for their favourite.
The aim would be to provide a cash prize for the producer of the winning film.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 3 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 9 Council chiefs left with 'no option' other than tax hike
- 10 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
To gauge support for the festival, Huntingdon Youth Council intends to survey pupils at Hinchingbrooke and St Peter's Schools over the coming weeks.
If the response is negative then the festival is unlikely to go ahead.
INFORMATION: Anyone wanting to get involved in the project or offer support should e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org