COULD I canvas the views of your readers on a noise nuisance that is a particular irritant to me? The persistent drone of the light aircraft from the flying club based at Wyton spoils any time spent out of doors, particularly at weekends. These aircraft
COULD I canvas the views of your readers on a noise nuisance that is a particular irritant to me?
The persistent drone of the light aircraft from the flying club based at Wyton spoils any time spent out of doors, particularly at weekends. These aircraft can be overhead the whole day going nowhere.
If we had noisy vehicles driving around our roads all day, we could get some action taken, but nobody seems to be able to take any action over these planes. I have no interest in aircraft and cannot see how any pleasure can be gained from flying around in circles.
I have lived in St Ives for more than 30 years. During that time both Wyton and Alconbury were operational flying bases, but I never found the noise from those aircraft as irritating as these mopeds of the sky.
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps I am just getting old.
KEITH HINGE, Swan Close, St Ives
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 10 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire