Holme fatal crash driver is identified by police
THE name of a young woman who died when her car left the road in Holme has been released by police. Leanne Gray, 25, of Church Street, Stilton died on Tuesday, December 2 after her burgundy Peugeot 406 crashed in Holme. Emergency services were called just afte
THE name of a young woman who died when her car left the road in Holme has been released by police.
Leanne Gray, 25, of Church Street, Stilton died on Tuesday, December 2 after her burgundy Peugeot 406 crashed in Holme. Emergency services were called just after 7.30am to reports of a single vehicle collision on the B660 between Holme village and the A1.
Firefighters from Sawtry, Yaxley and Dogsthorpe arrived at the scene to find Leanne trapped. Crews released her using specialist cutting equipment but she died at the scene.
The road was closed for more than three hours.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Nigel Jennings investigating said: "We are appealing to any witnesses to this collision, which occurred at 7.35am. Practically we are trying to trace the driver of a white large sized panel van towing an empty car transporting trailer. This van was on the road at the time of the collision and the driver may have vital details about what happened. Any information no matter how small may help us to discover how this collision occurred."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact the road policing unit on 0845 4564564. This story will be updated when more details become available.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 3 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 4 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 5 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 6 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 7 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 8 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon