PLANS for a new Cambridge station have been submitted.
The station would be at Cambridge Science Park Station Interchange and would be on the main line between Cambridge and Ely.
Cambridgeshire County Council, which submitted the planning application, said the station was expected to be served by direct trains running to London Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, Norwich and King's Lynn with the possibility of trains to Stansted Airport and Birmingham.
The planning application includes:
- a new station building, platforms, and other rail infrastructure to be used by around 3,000 passengers a day
- an extension of the busway from Milton Road to the station as well as linking to the new town of Northstowe
- public space, pedestrian and cycle access routes
- cycle parking for 1,000 cycles
- a taxi drop-off and pick-up area
- a 450 space car park with disabled and short stay parking
CCC added that a series of public exhibitions are being held to show people the plans and make their views known.
Public exhibitions will be held at:
- The Shirley Centre, Nuffield Road, Chesterton, on July 23 (4.30pm-8pm)
- St John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge, on July 24 (12noon-2pm)
- The Trinity Centre, 24 Cambridge Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, on July 25 (12noon-2pm)
- Milton Primary School, Humphries Way, Milton, on July 25 (4.30pm-8pm)