Hinchingrbooke: MP reaction
HUNTINGDON S MP Jonathan Djanogly said the PCT s proposals were really positive stuff and praised the NHS for responding to local concerns. What s very interesting is that what they have proposed is different from elsewhere in the country, he said.
HUNTINGDON'S MP Jonathan Djanogly said the PCT's proposals were "really positive stuff" and praised the NHS for responding to local concerns.
"What's very interesting is that what they have proposed is different from elsewhere in the country," he said.
"This could become a model for other small hospitals.
"But they have to get to grips with their new financial regime and make the savings. And there's still the over-arching question of the debt, which doesn't disappear. It will continue to be a concern.
You may also want to watch:
"The really great thing is my real initial concern that they would overlook the strategic issues, but they haven't.
"They are concentrating on the central issue of public healthcare for local people.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery