Hinchingrbooke: MP reaction
HUNTINGDON S MP Jonathan Djanogly said the PCT s proposals were really positive stuff and praised the NHS for responding to local concerns. What s very interesting is that what they have proposed is different from elsewhere in the country, he said.
HUNTINGDON'S MP Jonathan Djanogly said the PCT's proposals were "really positive stuff" and praised the NHS for responding to local concerns.
"What's very interesting is that what they have proposed is different from elsewhere in the country," he said.
"This could become a model for other small hospitals.
"But they have to get to grips with their new financial regime and make the savings. And there's still the over-arching question of the debt, which doesn't disappear. It will continue to be a concern.
You may also want to watch:
"The really great thing is my real initial concern that they would overlook the strategic issues, but they haven't.
"They are concentrating on the central issue of public healthcare for local people.
- 1 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 5 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 6 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 Ten motorists charged with drink driving over Bank Holiday weekend
- 9 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 10 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton