Hinchingbrooke: Quartet who are facing up to fresh challenges
THE four new chief executives who will lead the new primary care trusts (PCTs) in the East of England were announced on Friday. They are Chris Banks (Cambridgeshire); Sheila Bremner (Mid Essex); Angela Barr (Peterborough) and Carole Taylor Brown (Suffolk)
THE four new chief executives who will lead the new primary care trusts (PCTs) in the East of England were announced on Friday.
They are Chris Banks (Cambridgeshire); Sheila Bremner (Mid Essex); Angela Barr (Peterborough) and Carole Taylor Brown (Suffolk).
The four appointments have been made in addition to those announced in August, in readiness for the establishment of 14 new PCTs in the East of England on October 1.
Interim arrangements have put in place in Bedfordshire and Norfolk, where chief executive appointments were not made this week. Margaret Stockham has agreed to continue her transitional lead role in Bedfordshire and Hilary Daniels will continue her transitional role in Norfolk.
The chief executive of Cambridgeshire PCT, Chris Banks, has been chief executive of Peterborough and Stamford Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust for four years.
He led the trust through its successful application for Foundation Trust status in 2004. He has also led the trust's plans for a £300m new hospital plus an adult mental health facility and an integrated primary care centre - the first Private Finance Initiative (PFI) deal involving three NHS organisations.
- 1 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 8 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates