Hinchingbrooke: MP’s fears over services threat
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly, pictured right, has spoken out over the threat to Hinchingbrooke Hospital. He said: I have serious concerns that certain services, such as acute services, may be at risk as a result of such a review. I understand that th
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly, pictured right, has spoken out over the threat to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
He said: "I have serious concerns that certain services, such as acute services, may be at risk as a result of such a review.
"I understand that the hospital and the strategic health authority are reviewing service provision.
"I remain fully supportive of Hinchingbrooke retaining its accident and emergency department and acute services.
You may also want to watch:
"To this end, I have been regularly meeting executive management and trust board members.
"I have also met hospital consultants to discuss the clinical implications of the review and I am in touch with the primary care trust and the strategic health authority.
- 1 Woman left with a ‘bloodied nose’ in Huntingdon
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Jail for Fenstanton man who groomed teenager
- 4 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 5 Do you remember the old Megatron at Alconbury?
- 6 Woman in her 60s 'remains in serious condition' after B1514 crash
- 7 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 8 Family pay tribute to great grandfather who died in Buckden Road crash
- 9 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 10 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
"I am also co-ordinating my action with other local MPs and councils.
"My main immediate concern is that the urgent and painful steps that the hospital is being forced to take, to deal with its financial problems, should not be confused with the longer term medical needs of the local population.
"I have asked all relevant parties that any review proposals should be subject to full public consultation. With a rapidly expanding local population and housing base, a full service Hinchingbrooke Hospital will become more, not less, important to Huntingdonshire.