Hinchingbrooke: MP’s fears over services threat
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly, pictured right, has spoken out over the threat to Hinchingbrooke Hospital. He said: I have serious concerns that certain services, such as acute services, may be at risk as a result of such a review. I understand that th
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly, pictured right, has spoken out over the threat to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
He said: "I have serious concerns that certain services, such as acute services, may be at risk as a result of such a review.
"I understand that the hospital and the strategic health authority are reviewing service provision.
"I remain fully supportive of Hinchingbrooke retaining its accident and emergency department and acute services.
"To this end, I have been regularly meeting executive management and trust board members.
"I have also met hospital consultants to discuss the clinical implications of the review and I am in touch with the primary care trust and the strategic health authority.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 8 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Care home visitor limits to be lifted next week
"I am also co-ordinating my action with other local MPs and councils.
"My main immediate concern is that the urgent and painful steps that the hospital is being forced to take, to deal with its financial problems, should not be confused with the longer term medical needs of the local population.
"I have asked all relevant parties that any review proposals should be subject to full public consultation. With a rapidly expanding local population and housing base, a full service Hinchingbrooke Hospital will become more, not less, important to Huntingdonshire.