Hinchingbrooke: MP’s fears over services threat
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly, pictured right, has spoken out over the threat to Hinchingbrooke Hospital. He said: I have serious concerns that certain services, such as acute services, may be at risk as a result of such a review. I understand that th
Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly, pictured right, has spoken out over the threat to Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
He said: "I have serious concerns that certain services, such as acute services, may be at risk as a result of such a review.
"I understand that the hospital and the strategic health authority are reviewing service provision.
"I remain fully supportive of Hinchingbrooke retaining its accident and emergency department and acute services.
"To this end, I have been regularly meeting executive management and trust board members.
"I have also met hospital consultants to discuss the clinical implications of the review and I am in touch with the primary care trust and the strategic health authority.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 9 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
"I am also co-ordinating my action with other local MPs and councils.
"My main immediate concern is that the urgent and painful steps that the hospital is being forced to take, to deal with its financial problems, should not be confused with the longer term medical needs of the local population.
"I have asked all relevant parties that any review proposals should be subject to full public consultation. With a rapidly expanding local population and housing base, a full service Hinchingbrooke Hospital will become more, not less, important to Huntingdonshire.