Hinchingbrooke Hospital - I hope takeover will not compromise this excellent service
I often read about flaws and failings at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. I have nothing but praise for it and the staff. A routine check highlighted a problem and the biopsy was done there and then. Within two weeks (and it would have been one were it not for t
I often read about flaws and failings at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. I have nothing but praise for it and the staff.
A routine check highlighted a problem and the biopsy was done there and then. Within two weeks (and it would have been one were it not for the bank holiday), I had to attend the Woodlands Centre.
The atmosphere and complete dedication of the staff and volunteers was amazing, I found myself sitting waiting and thinking 'well, if I have got breast cancer, this is going to be the best place to have it!'
I was one of the fortunate ones, thankfully, and the consultant was very thorough and explained everything to me very comprehensively.
You may also want to watch:
A friend of mine also had cause to have a biopsy at the hospital very recently and again the speed, efficiency and great attention of the staff was apparent. I cannot praise them enough - I just hope that when it is taken over, (by a private management) the cost cutting which will inevitably follow, will not compromise this great hospital.
We both were referred from Rainbow Surgery, Ramsey and their speed in acting was also exemplary.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 5 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 8 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Wildlife group wants to hear about grass snake sightings
Thank you to all these people at a time when the NHS gets such bad press, it's great to be able to write about the positives I and my family have experienced.