Hinchingbrooke franchise delay: are Lib Dems the problem?
THE contract with Circle UK for the running of Hinchingbrooke Hospital has still not been signed. There is obviously a problem that is causing the delay.
Following Sunday’s Politics Show interview with Simon Hughes, deputy leader of the Liberal Democrat half of the coalition, in which he says that there will be no privatisation of the NHS nor will there be any privatisation of services provided by the NHS, can we conclude that this may signal Hinchingbrooke Hospital staying firmly within the control of the trust?
He says in the interview that there are ongoing discussions within Government about the Lansley plan for privatisation. Is this the reason for the delay in signing the contract?
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online