Hinchingbrooke colorectal department saved my life
ALTHOUGH now residing outside Huntingdonshire, I maintain ties with friends and family in the area. I have recently seen some editions of The Hunts Post in which I have read articles and public letters about colorectal services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
It is very sad to read about bereaved families, to whom I extend my sympathies.
However, in common with many others, I feel that news coverage at times like these can sometimes lack balance and present a disproportionately negative image. I am therefore compelled to write in an endeavour to redress the balance.
I was treated by the Hinchingbrooke Hospital colorectal services team for a period of 18 months for a chronic condition, for which I eventually had to undergo extensive major surgery. It is not an exaggeration to say that this surgery was life-saving.
The care that I received and the efficient way in which my case was managed by all concerned, including medics, nurse practitioners (including the stoma nurse), surgeons and nurses was outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
I was discharged from the hospital earlier than I had expected to be and returned to work within weeks.
Undergoing this successful surgery has restored my quality of life from the suffering caused by a debilitating disease to the one I had enjoyed prior to my illness.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
Thank you, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, for a job very well done.
Mrs JUSTINE HENDERSON