Hinchingbrooke colorectal department saved my life
ALTHOUGH now residing outside Huntingdonshire, I maintain ties with friends and family in the area. I have recently seen some editions of The Hunts Post in which I have read articles and public letters about colorectal services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
It is very sad to read about bereaved families, to whom I extend my sympathies.
However, in common with many others, I feel that news coverage at times like these can sometimes lack balance and present a disproportionately negative image. I am therefore compelled to write in an endeavour to redress the balance.
I was treated by the Hinchingbrooke Hospital colorectal services team for a period of 18 months for a chronic condition, for which I eventually had to undergo extensive major surgery. It is not an exaggeration to say that this surgery was life-saving.
The care that I received and the efficient way in which my case was managed by all concerned, including medics, nurse practitioners (including the stoma nurse), surgeons and nurses was outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
I was discharged from the hospital earlier than I had expected to be and returned to work within weeks.
Undergoing this successful surgery has restored my quality of life from the suffering caused by a debilitating disease to the one I had enjoyed prior to my illness.
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 6 Historic St Ives former grammar school site set for houses after £1m sale
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 9 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 10 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
Thank you, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, for a job very well done.
Mrs JUSTINE HENDERSON