Hinchingbrooke colorectal department saved my life
ALTHOUGH now residing outside Huntingdonshire, I maintain ties with friends and family in the area. I have recently seen some editions of The Hunts Post in which I have read articles and public letters about colorectal services at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
It is very sad to read about bereaved families, to whom I extend my sympathies.
However, in common with many others, I feel that news coverage at times like these can sometimes lack balance and present a disproportionately negative image. I am therefore compelled to write in an endeavour to redress the balance.
I was treated by the Hinchingbrooke Hospital colorectal services team for a period of 18 months for a chronic condition, for which I eventually had to undergo extensive major surgery. It is not an exaggeration to say that this surgery was life-saving.
The care that I received and the efficient way in which my case was managed by all concerned, including medics, nurse practitioners (including the stoma nurse), surgeons and nurses was outstanding.
I was discharged from the hospital earlier than I had expected to be and returned to work within weeks.
Undergoing this successful surgery has restored my quality of life from the suffering caused by a debilitating disease to the one I had enjoyed prior to my illness.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 3 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 4 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 5 New parklet opens in St Ives
- 6 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 Ancient relics from Iron Age discovered during road upgrade
- 9 Brampton Park golfers swing into action to raise money for hospice
- 10 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
Thank you, Hinchingbrooke Hospital, for a job very well done.
Mrs JUSTINE HENDERSON