Here we sew, here we sew
A NEEDLEWORK class for adults with difficulties or disabilities has produced a see and touch wall hanging as part of adult learners week. The needlework class, which has eight members and meets every Thursday morning at the Bargrove Resource Centre, St N
A NEEDLEWORK class for adults with difficulties or disabilities has produced a see and touch wall hanging as part of adult learners week.
The needlework class, which has eight members and meets every Thursday morning at the Bargrove Resource Centre, St Neots, spent a year making the colourful wall hanging.
Each learner has sewn or knitted at least one letter on the banner which was completed on Thursday, May 25. The touch and feel wall hanging features the word needlecraft and consists of a variety of coloured fabrics.
Needlework tutor Lesley Gray said: "All learners have worked extremely hard to complete the wall hanging and have had fun choosing the materials they used.
You may also want to watch:
"The class provides learners with an excellent opportunity to learn new techniques while socialising."
Throughout the year, the class makes items including pin cushions, needle cases, wall hangings and Christmas stockings.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 7 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Fish and Chip shop wins award
INFORMATION: To find out more about the class, contact the Bargrove Centre on 01480 398058 or to find out about classes in your area contact Susan Davies on 01223 718484.