RELIABLE and caring volunteers are needed to make a difference to the lives of people living with a life-limiting illness. Hospice at Home Huntingdonshire is seeking volunteers of all of ages to join a dedicated team offering support and care to terminal
RELIABLE and caring volunteers are needed to make a difference to the lives of people living with a life-limiting illness.
Hospice at Home Huntingdonshire is seeking volunteers of all of ages to join a dedicated team offering support and care to terminally-ill people.
Volunteers should be good listeners, sensitive and understand the need for confidentiality.
Margaret Sayers, who works for Hospice at Home, said: "In Huntingdonshire we have 50 or 60 people who benefit from the support offered by Hospice at Home volunteers and we have even more people waiting. We have about 26 volunteers and need another handful to meet the demand of the service."
You may also want to watch:
The charity is especially short of volunteers in the St Neots area.
Volunteers offer support to clients suffering from life-limiting illness and work as part of a term visiting people and their carers at home.
- 1 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 2 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 3 Delicious dessert shop 'Snix Snax' opens
- 4 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 6 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 7 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 8 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 9 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
People will need to be able to spare a couple of hours once a week or once a fortnight to become a volunteer. Training and support will be provided.
INFORMATION: Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer for Hospice at Home or wanting to find out more should call 01954 230205.