Helium Soul at Beerfest
HELIUM Soul, who has been signed to OT records, will play at this year s Rockinbeerfest at Woodgreen Animal Shelters, Godmanchester. The band, which formed in 2002, will be at the festival on August 18. Playing on the blues and rock circuit around the c
HELIUM Soul, who has been signed to OT records, will play at this year's Rockinbeerfest at Woodgreen Animal Shelters, Godmanchester.
The band, which formed in 2002, will be at the festival on August 18.
Playing on the blues and rock circuit around the country, the four piece have gigged extensively, winning much acclaim and a huge fan base.
Fronted by lead singer Russ Blaber - who had previously supported the legendary BB King at the Royal Albert Hall - the band took time out in 2005 to record their debut album, Mass of Four at Jacobs Studios in Farnham - where David Bowie, Paul Weller and Robbie Williams have recorded material.
The intention of the album, although studio based, was to capture the energy and exceptional musicianship of what is very much a live band. Their much anticipated set at this year's Rockinbeerfest - now fully establishing itself as a top festival both locally and nationally, sees them share the bill with legends Wilco Johnson, The Hamsters, and Eddie and the Hotrods, along with local favourites Mediablackout - formerly Street Regal, Dear Old Blighty, and After4.
INFORMATION: The festival opens on August 18 at 3.30pm. Weekend tickets are £65 if booked before August 1, and £69 after. See www.rockinbeerfest.co.uk
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 3 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today