Heating cash help for some over-60s
HOMEOWNERS and private tenants who are 60 or over may be eligible for money towards the cost of a heating system under the Government s new Warm Front Rebate Scheme. Under the scheme, households in receipt of certain benefits could be eligible for a grant
HOMEOWNERS and private tenants who are 60 or over may be eligible for money towards the cost of a heating system under the Government's new Warm Front Rebate Scheme. Under the scheme, households in receipt of certain benefits could be eligible for a grant of up to £2,700 to help pay for central heating and insulation.
Measures which would qualify for grants include loft insulation, cavity wall
insulation, draught proofing, energy saving light bulbs, central heating, boiler repairs and replacements. In areas where gas connections are not available, some households may qualify for up to £4,000 to help pay for oil heating.
To qualify, householders should be in receipt of a disability or income related benefit and live in their own home or rent it from a private landlord.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Call the free helpline on 0800 316 2814 (quoting reference MK541). Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon