Heating cash help for some over-60s
HOMEOWNERS and private tenants who are 60 or over may be eligible for money towards the cost of a heating system under the Government s new Warm Front Rebate Scheme. Under the scheme, households in receipt of certain benefits could be eligible for a grant
HOMEOWNERS and private tenants who are 60 or over may be eligible for money towards the cost of a heating system under the Government's new Warm Front Rebate Scheme. Under the scheme, households in receipt of certain benefits could be eligible for a grant of up to £2,700 to help pay for central heating and insulation.
Measures which would qualify for grants include loft insulation, cavity wall
insulation, draught proofing, energy saving light bulbs, central heating, boiler repairs and replacements. In areas where gas connections are not available, some households may qualify for up to £4,000 to help pay for oil heating.
To qualify, householders should be in receipt of a disability or income related benefit and live in their own home or rent it from a private landlord.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Call the free helpline on 0800 316 2814 (quoting reference MK541). Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 4 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 10 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?