Heating cash help for some over-60s
HOMEOWNERS and private tenants who are 60 or over may be eligible for money towards the cost of a heating system under the Government s new Warm Front Rebate Scheme. Under the scheme, households in receipt of certain benefits could be eligible for a grant
HOMEOWNERS and private tenants who are 60 or over may be eligible for money towards the cost of a heating system under the Government's new Warm Front Rebate Scheme. Under the scheme, households in receipt of certain benefits could be eligible for a grant of up to £2,700 to help pay for central heating and insulation.
Measures which would qualify for grants include loft insulation, cavity wall
insulation, draught proofing, energy saving light bulbs, central heating, boiler repairs and replacements. In areas where gas connections are not available, some households may qualify for up to £4,000 to help pay for oil heating.
To qualify, householders should be in receipt of a disability or income related benefit and live in their own home or rent it from a private landlord.
INFORMATION: Call the free helpline on 0800 316 2814 (quoting reference MK541). Lines are open Monday to Friday 8am-6pm and 9am-5pm on Saturdays.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape