The Shadow Secretary for Health, Andrew Lansley, Conservative MP for South Cambridgeshire, was in Huntingdon s Market Square, on Saturday, to receive petition forms drawn up as part of the Save Hinchingbrooke Hospital campaign. The petition called for al
The Shadow Secretary for Health, Andrew Lansley, Conservative MP for South Cambridgeshire, was in Huntingdon's Market Square, on Saturday, to receive petition forms drawn up as part of the Save Hinchingbrooke Hospital campaign.
The petition called for all the services at the hospital to be retained - they are all under review, including accident and emergency.
Mr Lansley said: "The event was part of the Conservative Party's National Action Day to stop Gordon Brown's NHS cuts. We received a lot of support and the day went well." On Friday, Euro MP Robert Sturdy and Shadow Secretary of State for the Environment, Peter Ainsworth MP went to Huntingdon's continental market to give their support to the campaign.
n Andrew Lansley is pictured, right, with campaigners in Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
Picture: HUNTS POST
- 1 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 2 One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 4 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 5 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 6 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 8 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?
- 9 Tim retires after 25 years with law firm
- 10 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots