Healthy meals made simple
A GROUP of parents cooked up a roast dinner treat for their children in a bid to learn how to prepare a quick, cheap and healthy meal. The Ready Steady Lunch class was held at Thongsley Fields Junior School in Huntingdon on Thursday, October 4. The group
A GROUP of parents cooked up a roast dinner treat for their children in a bid to learn how to prepare a quick, cheap and healthy meal.
The Ready Steady Lunch class was held at Thongsley Fields Junior School in Huntingdon on Thursday, October 4.
The group allows parents to cook while their children go to a crèche. At noon the children are reunited with their parents to sample the food.
Tracey Holliday, children's centre manager who helps run the classes, said: "This is part of an 11-week course designed to show parents that preparing a quick, healthy meal does not have to be costly.
"We show parents how to prepare healthy meals from scratch and help them develop their cooking skills."
The classes cover all types of healthy cooking, including pasta dishes, soups and ideas for healthy snacks and packed lunches for children.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 7 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 8 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 9 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
Funded by Family Learning and Huntingdon Children's Centre, the course is free to Huntingdon parents who have young children. A new course is due to start in January.
INFORMATION: Anyone wanting to find out more, or enrol, on the cookery classes can contact Tracey Holliday on 07887 782799 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org