Healthy meals made simple
A GROUP of parents cooked up a roast dinner treat for their children in a bid to learn how to prepare a quick, cheap and healthy meal. The Ready Steady Lunch class was held at Thongsley Fields Junior School in Huntingdon on Thursday, October 4. The group
A GROUP of parents cooked up a roast dinner treat for their children in a bid to learn how to prepare a quick, cheap and healthy meal.
The Ready Steady Lunch class was held at Thongsley Fields Junior School in Huntingdon on Thursday, October 4.
The group allows parents to cook while their children go to a crèche. At noon the children are reunited with their parents to sample the food.
Tracey Holliday, children's centre manager who helps run the classes, said: "This is part of an 11-week course designed to show parents that preparing a quick, healthy meal does not have to be costly.
You may also want to watch:
"We show parents how to prepare healthy meals from scratch and help them develop their cooking skills."
The classes cover all types of healthy cooking, including pasta dishes, soups and ideas for healthy snacks and packed lunches for children.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
Funded by Family Learning and Huntingdon Children's Centre, the course is free to Huntingdon parents who have young children. A new course is due to start in January.
INFORMATION: Anyone wanting to find out more, or enrol, on the cookery classes can contact Tracey Holliday on 07887 782799 or e-mail email@example.com