Health check ordered for town
A major health check has been ordered for St Neots and is being carried out by Huntingdonshire District Council. The health check is an assessment of the current economic, social and environmental strengths and weaknesses of the town to see what else i
A major "health check" has been ordered for St Neots and is being carried out by Huntingdonshire District Council.
The health check is an assessment of the current economic, social and environmental strengths and weaknesses of the town to see what else it needs. The council says this work will help it consider how the pro-active management of the growth agenda can positively benefit existing communities.
The council will be engaging with the town council, the Town Centre Initiative and other stakeholders and interest groups in order to ensure that there is community focus to this work. The health check exercise should be completed in early 2009 so that its conclusions can be considered by the inspector leading the examination into the council's Core Strategy.
Councillor Peter Bucknell, Executive Councillor for Planning Strategy and Transportation, said: "I think this is a significant step in terms of us gaining a wider appreciation of what additional community and infrastructure developments will be needed to make St Neots a more sustainable place".
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Ken Churchill, who is the Special Advisor to the Cabinet and a Little Paxton Councillor, said: "I think this is a really important piece of work because it will allow us to properly evaluate what the infrastructure needs of the town are, and as a result we can build those needs into our emerging development plans'.
INFORMATION: To find out more, visit www.huntsdc.gov.uk
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell