Head on air
THE headteacher, Wayne Birks, and pupils at Abbey College, Ramsey, were guests and volunteers during Huntingdonshire Community Radio s two week long series of broadcasts. Mr Birks told Bill Hensley, one of the radio station s presenters, what it was like
THE headteacher, Wayne Birks, and pupils at Abbey College, Ramsey, were guests and volunteers during Huntingdonshire Community Radio's two week long series of broadcasts.
Mr Birks told Bill Hensley, one of the radio station's presenters, what it was like to set up a new school as well as share his vision for the future of secondary education in Ramsey. Three sixth form students from the college, Dave Glover, Anand Maniar and Jasmine Scanlon-Carling, helped with production and tried their hand at broadcasting.
David Brockman, executive producer for HCRFM, said: "It's not as easy as it looks going on air but we were really pleased with the students' effort and enthusiasm. They have been a credit to themselves, their families and Abbey College."
Pictured are Wayne Birks with HCRFM station manager Bill Hensley.
You may also want to watch:
Picture: DOUG McLEOD
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio