HDC and democracy do not seem to mix
HOW can it be that this new site for the college ( Quickfire decision gives green light for college , July 16) has been approved so quickly when so many local residents are against it? Why is HDC building so many houses and flats next to the inner ring ro
HOW can it be that this new site for the college ("Quickfire decision gives green light for college", July 16) has been approved so quickly when so many local residents are against it?
Why is HDC building so many houses and flats next to the inner ring road, which will increase traffic to an unsustainable amount?
Why is your reporter not more critical of what HDC members decide?
It seems completely wrong and undemocratic that HDC decides on something, gives it planning permission and then goes ahead without any input from local people.
There are often very good letters and suggestions in The Hunts Post. Are these ever brought to the attention of HDC members or acted upon?
Are Huntingdonshire residents being deprived of democracy because of the so-called "cabinet" administration?
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 4 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 5 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 6 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 7 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 8 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 10 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit