Have your say on new sports hall plans
EVERY home in Little Paxton can have its say on what facilities they would like in a new sports hall being planned for the village. As part of the housing development on Mill Lane, a new community sports building is to be built by the developers. To help
EVERY home in Little Paxton can have its say on what facilities they would like in a new sports hall being planned for the village.
As part of the housing development on Mill Lane, a new community sports building is to be built by the developers. To help ensure the new hall meets the needs of the village, Little Paxton Parish Council is carrying out a public consultation from Monday, June 23.
The information will be used to help the parish council put together a business plan for the hall.
Little Paxton parish clerk, Jenny Gellatly, said: "This is a great opportunity for villagers to have an input into the building. The parish council needs help from sports clubs and associations who would be interested in using the facilities to ensure all needs are met."
You may also want to watch:
Initial ideas for the building include a sports hall large enough for three badminton courts. On the ground floor there will be a youth room, bar/reception area, kitchen, changing rooms and official's changing rooms. Upstairs there would be three rooms which could be used for meetings and/or sport activities, changing rooms and a viewing gallery.
Outside there will be a football pitch.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 5 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week
INFORMATION: Collection boxes for response forms will be located in Little Paxton pharmacy, post office and GP surgery and the sales office in Skipper Way. All forms must be returned by July 16. Copies of the plans of the building will be on display on the parish notice boards and on the council website www.littlepaxton.org.uk