Have your say on new sports hall plans
EVERY home in Little Paxton can have its say on what facilities they would like in a new sports hall being planned for the village. As part of the housing development on Mill Lane, a new community sports building is to be built by the developers. To help
EVERY home in Little Paxton can have its say on what facilities they would like in a new sports hall being planned for the village.
As part of the housing development on Mill Lane, a new community sports building is to be built by the developers. To help ensure the new hall meets the needs of the village, Little Paxton Parish Council is carrying out a public consultation from Monday, June 23.
The information will be used to help the parish council put together a business plan for the hall.
Little Paxton parish clerk, Jenny Gellatly, said: "This is a great opportunity for villagers to have an input into the building. The parish council needs help from sports clubs and associations who would be interested in using the facilities to ensure all needs are met."
Initial ideas for the building include a sports hall large enough for three badminton courts. On the ground floor there will be a youth room, bar/reception area, kitchen, changing rooms and official's changing rooms. Upstairs there would be three rooms which could be used for meetings and/or sport activities, changing rooms and a viewing gallery.
Outside there will be a football pitch.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 9 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
INFORMATION: Collection boxes for response forms will be located in Little Paxton pharmacy, post office and GP surgery and the sales office in Skipper Way. All forms must be returned by July 16. Copies of the plans of the building will be on display on the parish notice boards and on the council website www.littlepaxton.org.uk