Have speed cameras cut minor offences?
THE speed limit for lorries and HGVs is 50 mph on the A14, and only 40 mph on a normal trunk road (Letters, August 27). If the average speed cameras were set to catch these, then I d guess they d have to fine just about all HGV drivers.Also, since the av
THE speed limit for lorries and HGVs is 50 mph on the A14, and only 40 mph on a normal trunk road (Letters, August 27). If the average speed cameras were set to catch these, then I'd guess they'd have to fine just about all HGV drivers.
Also, since the average speed cameras actually take a picture of all vehicles that pass under them, I wonder what are the statistics for the reduction in drivers fined for talking on mobile phones or not wearing seatbelts or drinking coffee/tea or any other of the numerous minor traffic offences that people can be caught doing on photos.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 2 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 10 Interactive map shows Covid Indian variant cases in Huntingdonshire