Have a rethink
RAMSEY Town Centre Partnership would like to add its support to the comments made by the Mayor of Ramsey, Councillor Ian Walker (Council opposes the Grand plan, June 14). We, too, are at a loss to understand how Luminus can submit a design that is so obvi
RAMSEY Town Centre Partnership would like to add its support to the comments made by the Mayor of Ramsey, Councillor Ian Walker (Council opposes the Grand plan, June 14).
We, too, are at a loss to understand how Luminus can submit a design that is so obviously out of keeping with the streetscape of Ramsey's main thoroughfare. Their comment that the design "takes its visual clues from the Great Whyte and the surrounding buildings" is totally perplexing. Where are Ramsey's balconies, red brick and great slabs of concrete that this proposed building is supposed to echo?
Ramsey if a fine historic market town, which is being strengthened by considerable regeneration, which we welcome and support. If we must lose buildings like the Grand, then those who propose to replace them must give us sympathetically and intelligently designed buildings that will enrich our environment and quality of life.
We sincerely hope that the Luminus architects pick up the "aural clues" of the evident dismay in Ramsey and have a complete rethink on this proposal.
You may also want to watch:
GINA RANDALL, Chairman, Ramsey Town Centre Partnership
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 3 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 6 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 9 Huntingdon mayor Karl Webb voted to stay in role for another year
- 10 Rise in Covid-positive pregnant women requiring critical care