Main road into Huntingdon re-opens following incident
- Credit: Archant
Delays remain on a main road into Huntingdon following an incident this morning (Monday).
Police closed a section of the B1514 Hartford Road following an incident, with East of England Ambulance Service crews in attendance.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: "We were called at 6.42am with reports of a collision in Hartford Road, involving a car and a motorbike.
"Officers and paramedics attended the scene of the collision, which initially blocked the road in both directions.
"The motorcyclist has been taken to hospital with serious, but not life-threatening injuries. The road is now clear."
You may also want to watch:
Traffic was diverted through Desborough Road and Primrose Lane before police opened the road again in both directions at about 8am.
More to follow
- 1 'Armed police' swarm St Ives road in 'ongoing incident'
- 2 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Here are your 'at a glance' lockdown changes from today (May 17)
- 7 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 8 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 9 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone