Happy with slim chance of success
A WOMAN who has helped 50 people lose more than 38- and-a-half stones in eight weeks between them has been awarded a slimming award. Zoe Ruddell, 30, from Sawtry, decided to start running her own Slimming World classes in Hartford after she lost three s
A WOMAN who has helped 50 people lose more than 38- and-a-half stones in eight weeks between them has been awarded a slimming award.
Zoe Ruddell, 30, from Sawtry, decided to start running her own Slimming World classes in Hartford after she lost three stone and eight pounds in 24 weeks.
Zoe, who is a part time teaching assistant at Spring Common School, also helped her seven year old son Connor lose a stone in August.
Mother of two Zoe said: " I wanted to help other people lose weight. Watching someone change from having no confidence, being embarrassed about their size, and wearing shapeless clothes, to someone who looks and feels great, brings its own rewards.
You may also want to watch:
"But to have your work recognised in this way is a very proud moment for me."
She was awarded a Slimming World award after helping her 50 members lose 539lbs over an eight-week period.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 7 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 8 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Her members meet once a week to discuss any weight loss problems they may have on an individual basis.
Zoe gives members her home and mobile numbers so that she can be contacted any time if her members need support.
She said: "I often get phone calls from women who are just about to go out for a meal asking me what to steer clear of and how many calories might be in a glass of wine or something else. I also encourage my members to act as a support network to each other."
The Slimming World programme consists of red and green days as well as success express and mix2mix weight loss programmes.
"One of my members lost 16 pounds in just four weeks and another lost nine pounds.
People's lifestyles are quite busy now so people have to be more disciplined to eat healthy food rather than just eating what's there.
"My members have to be committed but their efforts do pay off and I'm proud of them."
INFORMATION: Zoe Ruddell's Slimming World classes are on Thursdays at 6.30pm at the Hartford headquarters of St John Ambulance in Mayfield Road, Huntingdon. Phone 01487 833004