Happy with slim chance of success
A WOMAN who has helped 50 people lose more than 38- and-a-half stones in eight weeks between them has been awarded a slimming award. Zoe Ruddell, 30, from Sawtry, decided to start running her own Slimming World classes in Hartford after she lost three s
A WOMAN who has helped 50 people lose more than 38- and-a-half stones in eight weeks between them has been awarded a slimming award.
Zoe Ruddell, 30, from Sawtry, decided to start running her own Slimming World classes in Hartford after she lost three stone and eight pounds in 24 weeks.
Zoe, who is a part time teaching assistant at Spring Common School, also helped her seven year old son Connor lose a stone in August.
Mother of two Zoe said: " I wanted to help other people lose weight. Watching someone change from having no confidence, being embarrassed about their size, and wearing shapeless clothes, to someone who looks and feels great, brings its own rewards.
You may also want to watch:
"But to have your work recognised in this way is a very proud moment for me."
She was awarded a Slimming World award after helping her 50 members lose 539lbs over an eight-week period.
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 3 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 4 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 5 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 6 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
Her members meet once a week to discuss any weight loss problems they may have on an individual basis.
Zoe gives members her home and mobile numbers so that she can be contacted any time if her members need support.
She said: "I often get phone calls from women who are just about to go out for a meal asking me what to steer clear of and how many calories might be in a glass of wine or something else. I also encourage my members to act as a support network to each other."
The Slimming World programme consists of red and green days as well as success express and mix2mix weight loss programmes.
"One of my members lost 16 pounds in just four weeks and another lost nine pounds.
People's lifestyles are quite busy now so people have to be more disciplined to eat healthy food rather than just eating what's there.
"My members have to be committed but their efforts do pay off and I'm proud of them."
INFORMATION: Zoe Ruddell's Slimming World classes are on Thursdays at 6.30pm at the Hartford headquarters of St John Ambulance in Mayfield Road, Huntingdon. Phone 01487 833004