Hannah to play in National Youth Orchestra
A teenage violinist from Huntingdonshire has been chosen to play in the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain. Hannah Bell, 14, who attends Kimbolton School won one of 160 coveted places in the orchestra, fending off competition from hundreds of hope
A teenage violinist from Huntingdonshire has been chosen to play in the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain.
Hannah Bell, 14, who attends Kimbolton School won one of 160 coveted places in the orchestra, fending off competition from hundreds of hopeful applicants.
Hannah, who has been playing the violin since she was four, said: "I am really excited but also shocked to be offered a place in the NYO.
"I auditioned the year before and realised how difficult it is to be accepted. I feel ecstatic."
The teenager will have the chance to work with some of the world's leading conductors and be taught by top professional musicians.
Simon Ball, director of music at Kimbolton, said: "This is a fantastic opportunity for any musician. The fact that Hannah has secured a place at such a young age is testament to her extraordinary talent and dedication.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
"She hopes to pursue a career as a performer and the experience will be invaluable. We wish her well."
Her first performance with the NYO will be on January 4 at the Roundhouse in London and at Leeds Town Hall the following day.